PDA

View Full Version : I took the plunge

Oms
02-09-2009, 21:03
I also went ahead and ordered a 1.1/1.7 BB. I was out last weekend with my son for a night and since I sold one of my HH's I was forced to go back to the ground :eek:. I figure this is like hitting rock bottom (literally) before being raised for good :D. Hopefully I'll be seeing it in a few weeks. Now all I need to do is plan the next trip!

sir White Wolf
02-09-2009, 21:35
Welcome

A few pointers on how to secretly watch your mail box for the incoming BlackBird.

1. make it look like yer going out to get something out of the car.

2. one word "Camouflage"

3. NEVER let any one know your expecting a BlackBird.
(mail carriers fight temptation every day, knowing they had a Warbonnet BlackBird in there hands might send them over the edge)

4. when delivery day is pending Fight the urge to camp by the mail box.
(that causes suspicion and make the mail carrier think you like them as more than just a friend)
by the way where would be a nice but cheep place to take a Postal employee say onna friday night after a movie? :confused:

5. if you are involved with some one (spouse, lover, or mail carrier) do not let them near your BlackBird.
If you do go ahead and order them there own BlackBird. (easier in the long run seeings how they will see how much you are enjoying yours and want to covet it)

These are just some of the basics, Im still working on How to get kicked out of the house with out it ending in divorce so you all can spend more hours devoted to "Hang Time" :D

stoikurt
02-09-2009, 21:40
These are just some of the basics, Im still working on How to get kicked out of the house with out it ending in divorce so you all can spend more hours devoted to "Hang Time" :D

Being a snorer is pretty effective.:D

sir White Wolf
02-09-2009, 21:43
Being a snorer is pretty effective.:D

Thanks
I added it right after feet inna bucket of Ice before bed time

:lol:

Alan
02-09-2009, 22:09
5. if you are involved with someone (spouse, lover, or mail carrier) do not let them near your BlackBird.

Good Lord, man! You speak the truth. My wife snuck into the backyard Sunday evening and took a long nap in my BB with new SnugFit underneath. Was I going to get a chance to nap, too? Ooohhhh nnnnooooooooo...of COURSE not!

stoikurt
02-09-2009, 22:21
Good Lord, man! You speak the truth. My wife snuck into the backyard Sunday evening and took a long nap in my BB with new SnugFit underneath. Was I going to get a chance to nap, too? Ooohhhh nnnnooooooooo...of COURSE not!

Thankfully (I think) my wife thinks I'm a wacko and won't come near my hammocks.

Alan
02-09-2009, 22:28
Thankfully (I think) my wife thinks I'm a wacko and won't come near my hammocks.

Now you've done it! You had to say it and put it out here for all to see. Do you know what you've done?!?

You've jinxed it!
For the love of humanity...take it back right now while there's still time!

:lol:

sir White Wolf
02-09-2009, 22:31
you might be on to something there

Ok while your setting up said BlackBird the spouse WILL be watching waiting fo the moment they can jump in and claim it.
Urinate on the Base of the Tree/pole (do this in plain view)
It just might be enough to gross them out keeping them away from your prize
if not it will confuse the hell out of the dog.

Alan
02-09-2009, 22:40
you might be on to something there

Ok while your setting up said BlackBird the spouse WILL be watching waiting fo the moment they can jump in and claim it.
Urinate on the Base of the Tree/pole (do this in plain view)
It just might be enough to gross them out keeping them away from your prize
if not it will confuse the hell out of the dog.

That right there is funny stuff! The visual literally made me laugh out loud. I have 2 dogs and the thought of them tilting their heads out of confusion struck my funny bone.

Cannibal
02-09-2009, 23:25
This is a funny thread!:lol:

Of course, they are absolutely correct (cept maybe that thing about peeing on my hammock:scared:). DO NOT let anyone try that hammock unless you are prepared to get them one of their own, lest you loose yours. I speak from the halls of experience on this one. Also, don't let them near a SnugFit; I miss mine.:crying

Shadowmoss
02-09-2009, 23:30

Having met you, I'm thinking your wife probably knows you well. :D

Not sure why that would keep her away from the hammocks, though...

Shadowmoss
02-09-2009, 23:34
This is a funny thread!:lol:

Of course, they are absolutely correct (cept maybe that thing about peeing on my hammock:scared:).

I think the comment was to pee on the support, not the hammock. Small but important detail. :lol:

sir White Wolf
02-10-2009, 08:07
I would forgo the pee in the hammock, there are lots of better ways to convert one to the waterbed style.

although if you find this happening alot in a pinch you can convert a platypus or a camelpack into a catheter.
But I suggests doing this a few miles out of camp (the screams while you insert will give campmates nightmares)

canoebie
02-10-2009, 09:44
I would forgo the pee in the hammock, there are lots of better ways to convert one to the waterbed style.

although if you find this happening alot in a pinch you can convert a platypus or a camelpack into a catheter.
But I suggests doing this a few miles out of camp (the screams while you insert will give campmates nightmares)

That thought really makes me almost nauseated! Ouch!

fin
02-10-2009, 10:43
I know if my wife ever went to lay in my hammock, and found a gatorade bottle full of pee, she would never try to lay in my hammock again.:scared::lol: Of course, it grosses me out thinking about having a leaky gatorade bottle full of pee in my hammock, too.:laugh:

sir White Wolf
02-10-2009, 10:54
I know if my wife ever went to lay in my hammock, and found a gatorade bottle full of pee, she would never try to lay in my hammock again.:scared::lol: Of course, it grosses me out thinking about having a leaky gatorade bottle full of pee in my hammock, too.:laugh:

Yea My daughter is a little ill at me.
I told her about the Gatorade bottle trick and a half hour later she came in mad as heck!
seems Hammocks flip when ya stand in a squatting stance!

just kidding :lol: she will kill me if she ever reads this :scared:

Cannibal
02-10-2009, 10:56
seems Hammocks flip when ya stand in a squatting passion!
:lol::lol::lol:
I needed that this morning! Too funny of a visual.:laugh:

sir White Wolf
02-10-2009, 10:58
I dont know what it is this post has me all silly:D

I guess I have the BB gitties :laugh:

Sorry Oms I cant help it

Oms
02-10-2009, 22:06
It's ok, I'm getting a good laugh.

Lets see, so far I have to soak my feet in ice water, pee somewhere near my hammock and find a lock that will fit the zipper so no one else can try it.

Did I miss anything?

sir White Wolf
02-10-2009, 22:30
Im thinking razor wire.
Whatta ya think Cannibal, Landmines or claymores? :confused:

Start a rumor its curseded :D
but your immune cause you bought it, Yea! tell em Warbonnet puts custom curses in with the stitching! :lol:

Oh and last but not least!

ENJOY :)

Cannibal
02-10-2009, 22:33
I like the cruse thing, but Cannibals are supposed to like voodoo right?:D
You can borrow the little shrunken head on my avatar's hiking stick; that ought to scare them off!:scared:

sir White Wolf
02-10-2009, 22:38
I like the cruse thing, but Cannibals are supposed to like voodoo right?:D
You can borrow the little shrunken head on my avatar's hiking stick; that ought to scare them off!:scared:

:lol: ROFL I see it 3" high runnin around going "OOOoogga OOooga!"

Cannibal
02-10-2009, 22:48
:lol: ROFL I see it 3" high runnin around going "OOOoogga OOooga!"
OK, that made me laugh really hard!:D:lol:

lori
02-11-2009, 00:41
OK, that made me laugh really hard!:D:lol:

Ok, you ever tune into a thread and the first thing you think when you see 3" isn't fit for a public forum?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol:

Especially imaging it going "oooooga." I think I dated a guy.... nevermind. :rolleyes:

sir White Wolf
02-11-2009, 08:29
Especially imaging it going "oooooga." I think I dated a guy.... nevermind. :rolleyes:

Yep, there ya are open to meeting a new "Friend ;) " the next thing ya know your on the 3rd date with this 3" aboriginal voodoo witch Dr..
Sure at the start of it all you think to your self "hey he's kinda cute, what the heck?!"
the next thing ya know he's cursing yer hammock and asking for yer friends phone numbers.
besides what kind of life could ya have really had? all he could say was OOooga.
He never asks about Your dreams Your feelings, Noooo! Just hangs around yer house getting drunk watching tv in his whitey tighties...
I think he tried to eat the cat!

Oms
02-11-2009, 18:53
Is there something in the water down in Clarkesville?:rolleyes:

Mustardman
02-11-2009, 22:19
Is there something in the water down in Clarkesville?:rolleyes:

Nope, we just don't have any water. Most of us are hallucinating from lack of hydration.

If only Lake Lanier would fill back up, we'd be peachy.

Oms
02-17-2009, 18:48
Just paid for the BB. Now I just have the shipping wait. Think I'll be doing a stealth camp in the local Forest Preserves. Got my place all scoped out. Believe it or not, we have a pretty dense area of woods right outside Chicago. Not quite like you folks in Georgia, but we do have lots of water.

Monte
02-19-2009, 22:45
that all i think about when I pass the Forest perserves off harlem in chicago

sir White Wolf
02-20-2009, 09:04
Just paid for the BB. Now I just have the shipping wait. Think I'll be doing a stealth camp in the local Forest Preserves. Got my place all scoped out. Believe it or not, we have a pretty dense area of woods right outside Chicago. Not quite like you folks in Georgia, but we do have lots of water.

When ever work sends me to Keokuck Iowa I rent a House in Hamilton Il.
Loads of woods there, and good hunting.
I do the welding on power stations all over the US.

By the by there is no excuse for my silliness, just growed up this way :D

Oms
02-21-2009, 18:39
By the by there is no excuse for my silliness, just growed up this way :D[/QUOTE]

I like a person with a sense of humor. Makes a day at work so much more pleasant. I'm a pipefitter by trade, work mostly on HVAC, local 597.

Got my BB in the mail today and set it up in the basement. Crawled in and fell asleep for 2-1/2 hours. The lay is nice and flat and I look forward to using the shelf space. Never could find a place for the water bottle. The buckles work easily and are lighter than the old set-up I had on the HH. Nice craftsmanship Brandon.
Thanks,

Geo

sir White Wolf
02-21-2009, 19:26
Sweet Oms
Good to see another slag banger, How long ya been Fittin?

Oms
02-21-2009, 20:23
Started in a factory building chillers in '84, out in the field since '85. I really hate factories :(.