PDA

View Full Version : Non-Hammock Gear Discussion

headchange4u
02-11-2009, 10:30
Hammock Forums is entering it's third year and continues to grow on a daily basis. I think it's safe to say that Hammock Forums has become the #1 source for anything related to hammock camping. As the forums expands, we the mod team, continue to strive to make the site as streamlined and user friendly as possible. In that effort we have made a few minor changes in the forum.

Please remember that the main focus of the site always was and always will be hammock camping, and the discussions should be kept as hammock related as possible. Any posts that are made to the non-hammock forums should be related to hammock camping and it's associated gear. All other non-hammock and non-gear topics belong in the Donating Member's section.

- The main change that some of you might have noticed is that the Non-Hammock Gear Discussion (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42) forum is no longer subscription based, meaning that everyone has access to these forums without going into your control panel and making changes. This should eliminate any confusion that occurs when mods move a thread to keep the forum better organized.

In our efforts to keep the forum focused on hammock camping, we may from time to time move threads to different forum sections where they are more appropriately categorized. From time to time, this will result in off-topic general threads being moved to the Donating Member's Lounge. Please don't be offended, some housekeeping is necessary.

- The Humor forum (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43) has been merged with the Donating Member's Lounge (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4188).

- If any member DOES NOT want to view or have access to the Donating Member's Lounge, or Non-Hammock Discussions, all you have to do is contact one of the mod team and we will make the changes.

- Last but not least, let's remember that this is a family-friendly site since hammocking appeals to people of all ages. We all need to watch our language and humor carefully. Let's keep HF a place where everyone is comfortable.

As always if anyone has and questions, comments, or problems feel free to contact one of the moderators.

Happy hanging! :D

angrysparrow
06-16-2010, 09:52
Bump for all the incoming members!

Please read this sticky, and keep it in mind when posting. Help us keep HF focused on Hammock related topics...

jons4real
08-20-2010, 13:33
How much does it cost to enter into the non hammock topic areas of this site. There are lots of hiking and gear things to talk about and I think it would be worth paying your fees. Is this a fee I have to pay eveyr month or is it just a one time fee. I know that the mods refer to this as donations... so does it matter how much I give to enter the non hammock topic areas.

TheWild
08-20-2010, 13:41
I actually do not think of it as fees, as the actual use of HF is free. Donating members just get a few benefits, which I think is fair enough. just my humble opinion :)

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/payments.php

Cannibal
08-20-2010, 13:46
I actually do not think of it as fees, as the actual use of HF is free. Donating members just get a few benefits, which I think is fair enough. just my humble opinion :)
Correct! :thumbup1:

jons4real
08-20-2010, 13:52
So does any one know how much it cost or is it really set up as donations and any amount givin will be fine. Fine, as in allow me to enter all areas of forum.

TheWild
08-20-2010, 13:57
So does any one know how much it cost or is it really set up as donations and any amount givin will be fine. Fine, as in allow me to enter all areas of forum.

$10 is the minimum amount... but one can always donate more ;)
The previously provided link will give you more details :)

And yes you'll have "unrestricted:D" access to the donating members section

/Wild

jons4real
08-20-2010, 13:58
Thanks wild. Is this a one time thing or do I have to keep giving every months?

TheWild
08-20-2010, 14:00
Thanks wild. Is this a one time thing or do I have to keep giving every months?

You're welcome :)
The donation is for a 1 year period

jons4real
08-20-2010, 14:03
Ok, so I guess I'll be paying for this at some point in time.

beep
08-20-2010, 15:03
Ok, so I guess I'll be paying for this at some point in time.

I look at my donation as tangible support for an on-line community (with occasional face-to-face gatherings!) that I really like and admire. It's a version of "put your money where your mouth is" (to borrow an idiom!).:laugh:

TheWild
08-20-2010, 15:05
I look at my donation as tangible support for an on-line community (with occasional face-to-face gatherings!) that I really like and admire. It's a version of "put your money where your mouth is" (to borrow an idiom!).:laugh:

LOL... well put! :thumbup:

kayak karl
08-20-2010, 15:14
what he said:thumbup1:

Just Jeff
08-20-2010, 18:51

Or where your fingers are, in this case! :jj:

Seriously, we appreciate this community and its willingness to support the site's operations and maintenance.

wisenber
08-22-2010, 23:21

The section with next week's winning lottery numbers is extra.

jons4real
08-23-2010, 00:00
The section with next week's winning lottery numbers is extra.

It makes sense that it would.....

RustyNails
09-07-2010, 03:00
so is this the form where i can post random question i have cause i need some ANSWERS!

NCPatrick
09-07-2010, 06:54
so is this the form where i can post random question i have cause i need some ANSWERS!
If you have general hammock questions, you can ask them in the General Hammock Talk forum.

KerMegan
09-07-2010, 07:03

this area is for gear that is not hammock related; clothing, backpacks, cooking etc.
any hammock related questions - tarps, suspension, over/under quilts- can be posted in the main section.. hope that helps, KM:shades:

Just Jeff
09-07-2010, 07:38
Not exactly...this thread is posted in the Announcement section, which we use to make general announcements of interest to the forum. As NCPatrick said, you can post general hammock questions in the Hammock subforums. If you have general hiking questions that don't relate to hammocking, you can either become a donating member to access the off-topic area or post them on another site, like our sister site whiteblaze.net.

jons4real
09-07-2010, 16:21

If your questions are not hammock related you can not. I believe your post may be pulled. You can either donate to the forum, this will allow you to enter non hammock areas of the forum. Or you can go to another forum, like hiking forum, backpacking forum or something like that.

Just Jeff
09-07-2010, 16:43
His post won't be pulled b/c it's a valid question about how the forum operates, posted respectfully, and in the correct subforum. As evidenced by the two moderators' responses, directly above your post.

We only move posts/threads when they're not in the proper subforum. We only remove posts that are disrespectful, that do not contribute to the discussion, or that violate the site's terms of service (i.e., politics, religion).

The rules are actually pretty simple.