PDA

View Full Version : as handy as pockets on a shirt...

leeinmemphis
04-07-2013, 23:29
this weekend we had a campout and I was able to use a WL 12' tadpole that I had ordered along with a set of his mesh snake skins with rope pockets. Just as with my OMW tarp the tadpole is cut/made to where it can be set up real tight without much messing around. What amazed me more than anything were using the mesh snake skins with rope pockets. One thing I always hated about snake skins was that I had to figure out how to keep my RL ropes from getting all tangled(which was EVERY SINGLE time I used the snakeskin's). The storage pockets are only a minor detail probably to most but for me it's a hit!!!!!

Likeapuma
04-09-2013, 11:32
My first time setting up my tarp, I couldn't figure out why the skins were doubled over... Then I found myself wondering where to put my ridgelines... Took a few minutes to process (I'm slow like that), then I realized how handy the design of the skins is!

richtorfla
04-09-2013, 13:24
That's one thing I like about the hennessey hex tarps. They have the pockets on your tie out edges. Makes it nice to roll and tuck your guidelines in to. The tarp I am using now does not have them, so I wind the guidelines around my hand then take the last six to eight inches and roll that around the winding. That way I don't have a stringy mess to pack up.

So I like pockets on the corners. It's a good thing!