PDA

View Full Version : AL hang

abc
04-09-2013, 21:07
Hey guys the forum has picked up a lot of hammockers in AL lets get a hang going some we're in Alabama.:D:D

Hanging Grizzly
04-09-2013, 23:41
Where you thinking? I'm in NW GA, but honestly, most of mid to northeastern AL is more accessible to me. I have family around Oxford too, so making that trip is no problem.

aboyd
04-10-2013, 05:07
I am gonna keep an eye on this one. We have dine several hangs up at Turnipseed Camp in the Cheaha Wilderness area in the past. I have a pretty full schedule right now, but depending on the date, I might be able to make a hang somewhere in AL.

Looknup
04-10-2013, 10:13
I'll be watching too. In west Ga I'm closer to Cheaha than AT area. Was there hanging last year and would love to go back.

CLANKBANG
04-10-2013, 11:01
There is a "better" camp right next to turnip seed. Not many know about it but its on the map and I had a Ranger direct me to it. I say "better" because It depends on what you want this is a nice clearing with no traffic but no facilities either.

I am in Birmingham and looking forward to a Hang.

BamaFan
04-10-2013, 12:21
Northeast Alabama here. Desoto State Park is a great place as well.

abc
04-10-2013, 13:01
where did you guys hang from everything i could find the backcountry sites which is were I am guessing you guys hung is limeted to 6 people max at deSoto and 8 at cheaha so were did you guys hang and both would be good for me. Plus the whole reason this was posted was from a post by Robjae and he suggested Cathedral Caverns and he also contacted them and they said hammocks were fine as long as no damage was done to the trees.

abc
04-10-2013, 13:08
I also checked cathedral caverns and they also allow only 6 persons max at each backcountry camp site maybe the will make an exception for us but so far it is not looking good for these places unless we have an inside man or we kill them with kindness and the then decide to let us hang.

boser924
04-10-2013, 13:13
Depending on dates I would be interested as well...I look for future information.

abc
04-10-2013, 13:25
There are two things we have to figure out where and when

toygun
04-10-2013, 13:28
subbing to watch this as well. I'm not too far from you guys and depending on where it is, might be easier for me to make this than the TN ones.

aboyd
04-10-2013, 13:35
where did you guys hang from everything i could find the backcountry sites which is were I am guessing you guys hung is limeted to 6 people max at deSoto and 8 at cheaha so were did you guys hang and both would be good for me. Plus the whole reason this was posted was from a post by Robjae and he suggested Cathedral Caverns and he also contacted them and they said hammocks were fine as long as no damage was done to the trees.

We have just hung right there in Turnipseed. You can drive right in and park, more of the car camping style. We have parked in the parking lot on 281, outside Turnipseed, about 2 miles down from the State Park entrance, and hike in on the Chinnabee, through Turnipseed camp, and camped along the stream at the base of the trail that goes up to the Pinhoti. We did this in December when Turnipseed is "officially" closed, but the ranger said we were fine as long as we were outside of the camp proper.

There is also a nice place for hanging if you hike in across the road from Turnipseed, on the Chinabee, towards Cheaha Shelter and the falls. It's a nice big open area with lots of trees just before crossing the stream and going up the hill to the shelter.

Now, I have only hung in the Turnipseed are, and I am sure there are other spots just as nice, or nicer, so don't think I am dead set on Turnipseed...just sharing what I have done. Besides, depending on the date, I may not be able to make it anyway. The Cheaha area is a great place to hang though!

tight-wad
04-11-2013, 11:06
Count me in, pending the dates.

For a crowd, Turnipseed is hard to beat. But, we've done that several times. Pine Glen on the Pinhoti north of I-20 might be an option?

aboyd
04-11-2013, 11:27
I really hope the date fits my schedule, would love to have another get together you you guys...it's been a while since I have enjoyed a good hammock hang.

Postal
04-11-2013, 18:26
Depending on when and how we get this set up Buck's Pocket would be good. The scouts have used it several times and they allow asmany as you can hang in the primitive area. Only problem is it is first come first served and they allow no reservations so would have to have some people up there to reserve the trees as it were. At any rate depending on place and time my family is in.

abc
04-11-2013, 20:20
We have just hung right there in Turnipseed. You can drive right in and park, more of the car camping style. We have parked in the parking lot on 281, outside Turnipseed, about 2 miles down from the State Park entrance, and hike in on the Chinnabee, through Turnipseed camp, and camped along the stream at the base of the trail that goes up to the Pinhoti. We did this in December when Turnipseed is "officially" closed, but the ranger said we were fine as long as we were outside of the camp proper.

There is also a nice place for hanging if you hike in across the road from Turnipseed, on the Chinabee, towards Cheaha Shelter and the falls. It's a nice big open area with lots of trees just before crossing the stream and going up the hill to the shelter.

Now, I have only hung in the Turnipseed are, and I am sure there are other spots just as nice, or nicer, so don't think I am dead set on Turnipseed...just sharing what I have done. Besides, depending on the date, I may not be able to make it anyway. The Cheaha area is a great place to hang though!

Alright guys I like the place aboyd is talking about that is across from turnipseed on the chinabee toward cheaha Shelter and the falls. looks like the best place for the hang if all else fail turnipseed is right around the corner. What dates are you guys thinking I am thinking May 24-26. let me know what you guys think about the dates we can shuffle them back if we need to.

aboyd
04-11-2013, 20:35
That weekend might just work out good. Was thinking of doing some hiking up there with my son in that time frame to prepare for a possible trip to hike the Art Loeb Trail this summer. Might be a good chance to test our legs.

Postal
04-11-2013, 22:41
No scouting conflicts here. Will have to check to be sure but looks good.

aboyd
04-12-2013, 07:33
Just so everyone knows, the spot I described is a further walk than Turnipseed. With Turnipseed, you can drive right up and park...or walk in from the road parking lot, maybe 1/4 mile. The other spot is maybe a mile, maybe a little further, from the parking on the road. I am fine with either spot...but have not been over to the are close to the Cheaha shelter in maybe a year, so just wanted to be up front with this, in case it turns out not to be the best choice. We always have Turnipseed as a fall back, but the other spot looked really nice the last time I hiked through there.

Attached are a couple of pics from December 2010. Shows plenty of trees and the creek.

abc
04-12-2013, 11:24
Just so everyone knows, the spot I described is a further walk than Turnipseed. With Turnipseed, you can drive right up and park...or walk in from the road parking lot, maybe 1/4 mile. The other spot is maybe a mile, maybe a little further, from the parking on the road. I am fine with either spot...but have not been over to the are close to the Cheaha shelter in maybe a year, so just wanted to be up front with this, in case it turns out not to be the best choice. We always have Turnipseed as a fall back, but the other spot looked really nice the last time I hiked through there.

Attached are a couple of pics from December 2010. Shows plenty of trees and the creek.

That is exactly what I was thinking let try for this new place and we always have turnipseed to fall back on.

CLANKBANG
04-12-2013, 12:58
I'm going to try and make this.

mclovinal
04-12-2013, 22:07
Count me in, pending the dates.

For a crowd, Turnipseed is hard to beat. But, we've done that several times. Pine Glen on the Pinhoti north of I-20 might be an option?

i'm in if I can, though the dates mentioned earlier wouldn't work for me. Pine glen is a pleasant place to camp though. I've never camped in turnipseed, but I have seen it. Lots of trees there. Across 281 there is a good campground that's on the maps (but isn't where they say it is) called Tree Farm, but it's a big open field. I think Clank mentioned it... But I don't know how it would work for hammocks, being a big empty field.

abc
04-16-2013, 11:49
Alright guys let get some more people to come to this. And also what time do you guys what to meet up on that Friday in the turnipseed parking lot to get directions on we're to go because I don't now were this spot is aboyd is the only one who does I think.

drifter
04-16-2013, 15:07
I have my eye on this.

tight-wad
04-16-2013, 15:24
The Chinabee trail comes up to Turnipseed from the west, crosses Skyline drive at the parking lot, goes through the woods for ~100 yards, goes thru Turnipseed, then on to the Pinhoti on the top of the mountain.

From the Turnipseed parking lot, go west, across Skyline, find Chinabee, it will be obvious, hike west on Chinabee for a while. The spot aboyd suggested is at the creek for Cheaha falls. Across the creek and up the steep hill is the shelter.

Expect to get your feet wet if you want to cross the creek and go up to the shelter.

aboyd
04-16-2013, 16:04
Tight-wad got it. I will try to post some GPS coordinates, but no promise that I can still find them. The parking lot is easy to find, and if you follow the signs to the shelter, the camping spot is easy also. There is actually a gravel road across from the Turnipseed parking lot, there on Skyline Dr. That road leads back and the trail to the shelter actually crosses the road, signs there also. If you wanted to bypass a short section of trail on the walk in. Will try to get some maps and GPS coordinates up soon.

abc
04-16-2013, 17:06
Cool, thanks aboyd, a map or coordinates would be great. But the directions are pretty helpful.

aboyd
04-17-2013, 09:36
OK, the Cheaha Falls Shelter coordinates are 33.453071, -85.849485. As for a map, see attached. It shows Turnipseed and the Cheaha Falls Shelter. The camping spot I was referring to is marked by the blue star...approximate location. The parking on State Route 281 is right about where the "S" on State-Rte 281 is on the map. The trail is directly across the road from the parking lot. Hope this helps.

The trail you see marked on the map is the Chinnabee that goes east towards the Pinhoti, through Turnipseed. We will be going west, or more northwest I guess you could say.

abc
04-17-2013, 12:55
Thank you for the pic this is great

abc
04-18-2013, 13:57
lets get more people bummmmp

Grapenut
04-20-2013, 15:12
I'm interested if the dates work out.

G-Nut :shades:

plessl
04-20-2013, 15:25
Hello All from Auburn. I just bought a 1.1 wbbb and would love to test out other gear. Can a newbie come along to this hang?

Postal
04-20-2013, 16:28
Hello All from Auburn. I just bought a 1.1 wbbb and would love to test out other gear. Can a newbie come along to this hang?

From the way I read it you would have better luck trying not to attend. lol.

Hanging Grizzly
04-20-2013, 18:09
I'm tentatively in. Might see if another local hanger I know wants to check this out too.

drifter
04-20-2013, 20:00
The only date I've seen posted was May 24-26, is this the for sure?

aboyd
04-21-2013, 08:07
The only date I've seen posted was May 24-26, is this the for sure?

That is correct, May 24-26.

abc
04-21-2013, 10:55
Yes newbies are well come should be just a fun chilling out hang you can choose exactly how much you want to backpack/ hike I'm sure there are going to be a couple of different groups that do different difficulty hikes. And maybe some that just chill at base camp. And yes those are the solid dates.

abc
04-25-2013, 16:29
More people bummmp!!!!!

Hanging Grizzly
04-26-2013, 16:49
Sorry guys. Won't be able to make this. I had a brain fart, this is the weekend of my youngest sons birthday party. Y'all have fun, maybe I'll catch you next time.

Looknup
04-26-2013, 22:25
I wish it had been the weekend before or after. That weekend is tied up cooking for our youth fund raiser. I still haven't been able to make it to a hang yet. I'll be watching to see how it goes.

tight-wad
04-27-2013, 10:57
I'll be coming home from a weeklong hike on the Monday before this hang. My wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm planning on being there for Saturday. Unless.... she lays a guilt trip on me when she finds out ;)

abc
04-30-2013, 09:15
Hey guys we are only a few weeks away is there anyone who wants to do a group meal or just fend for ourselves. :D

seenoweevil
05-01-2013, 10:28
Man, I got excited when I saw this planned on one of my off weekends, then saw I'm playing bluegrass in Mississippi that weekend! I'll keep up with posts better now, would like to make it to a hang and meet a bunch of you this year.
Someone post some pics for the unlucky ones that can't make it!

southmark
05-01-2013, 11:53
Hey guys, I may join you. I might hike in from High Falls or Adams Gap on Saturday. Unless I have my rotator cuff surgery before then.

CLANKBANG
05-02-2013, 09:49
I just realized that this is memorial day weekend... that might put a dent in my plans to join you guys.

Monday
05-03-2013, 12:12
Im watching this too. Gotta see if I can make it.

Jaxx
05-05-2013, 08:28
I may be in on this hang. depends on a few things put me in on a maybe.

gnawdawg
05-08-2013, 10:35
Newbie here, I plan on hangin' at Cheaha with you guys!

Postal
05-08-2013, 18:48
Sadly I am out. Hopefully this one is a huge success and more are planned.

abc
05-09-2013, 21:14
I hope to do this more often for Alabama I'm Thinking different parks places through out the year I am thinking maybe 1 every 3 to 4 months what do you guys think

annistonfire153
05-09-2013, 21:44
I SO wish I could make it. I'm in NE Alabama as well and very close to Cheaha but unfortunately I have to work right in the middle! (Bummer) definitely in on the next one and high hopes that there is a next one! Since I can't make it I'll just be super stoked that there is finally a hang close by and in AL.

Grapenut
05-12-2013, 11:56
I am in. Might bring Wifey the Ground Dweller and the Mutt (lap dog). Do we have a headcount on who's in so far?

I'd like to get some trail time under my belt as well, so if there are any folks that are going that like to burn up some trails then I'm up for it.

stevebo
05-14-2013, 05:54
so where are you guys meeting/camping? Never been to a hang, but I've been to Cheaha and the Pinhoti lots of times----thinking about this................:)

Jaxx
05-15-2013, 08:03
Stevebo check out post 25-28. if im not mistaken it's the turnip seed parking lot.

southernhammockcamping
05-16-2013, 10:03
I can't seem to find the details. Can someone reply with when and where? I know it's Cheaha but which trail, etc.? Thanks!

CLANKBANG
05-16-2013, 10:09
here you Go (click me) (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=990761&postcount=28)

Grapenut
05-17-2013, 12:27
OK Folks, here's what I'm tracking so far for attendees: 4 say yes and 11 say maybe.

Any of the folks on the Maybe list going to be able to make it? Did I miss anyone that responded so far?

Anyone else on HF want to join us?

Abc and Aboyd...what is the max number that the campsite will support?

ABC - Yes
Aboyd - Yes (+son maybe)
Grapenut - Yes
Gnawdog - Yes
Plessl - Yes
Stevebo - Maybe
Tightwad - Maybe
Southmark - Maybe
Clankbang - Maybe
Monday - Maybe
Jaxx - Maybe
Mclovinal - Maybe
Drifter - Maybe
Toygun - Maybe
Boser924 - Maybe
Southernhammockcamping - Maybe

I am looking forward to it!

Jaxx
05-17-2013, 19:21
I'm looking good, i would say im 90% sure im coming .

aboyd
05-17-2013, 20:30
Really don't remember what the max might be, but we will be right down the hill from the shelter, so I am fsirly confident there willbe plenty of room, even if we have to spread out a little.

haynesdad
05-17-2013, 21:15
Put me down as a maybe. Waiting to see what the wife's work schedule is. It might be her on call weekend

abc
05-18-2013, 00:27
I am not sure how many aboyd is the one who sugested the site so he knows best. otherwise thanks for the list I am still going and I might have a plus one.

Grapenut
05-18-2013, 14:15
Latest headcount:

ABC - Yes (+1 maybe)
Aboyd - Yes (+son maybe)
Grapenut - Yes
Gnawdog - Yes
Plessl - Yes
Jaxx - 90%
Stevebo - Maybe
Tightwad - Maybe
Southmark - Maybe
Clankbang - Maybe
Monday - Maybe
Mclovinal - Maybe
Drifter - Maybe
Toygun - Maybe
Boser924 - Maybe
Haynesdad - Maybe

abc
05-18-2013, 17:28
hey aboyd I have never camped willy nilly in cheaha so do we need to tell the rangers were we are or what

aboyd
05-18-2013, 18:18
I don't think there is a need to tell the Rangers. We have camped outside Turnipseed in the winter when it was closed, and the Rangers had no issue with it. We will also be about 200 yards or so from the shelter if this site works out good. Of course, there is always turnipseed as a fall back.

stevebo
05-19-2013, 08:33
I've never seen a ranger at Cheaha! (I love it that its so laid back there!) The campsite near Cheaha falls you guys are talking about is really big---one spring weekend, it was full of tents--at least 20! Shouldnt be a problem.

Jaxx
05-19-2013, 14:13
what is the approximate hiking distance from where we park , to the camp location?

aboyd
05-19-2013, 15:27
If I remember, about 2 ish miles maybe.

Jaxx
05-19-2013, 18:11
ok, shouldn't be to bad to pack my own water in then.

also if anyone is interested in my Kamp-rite tent cot that im selling PM me and i'll bring it with me.

haynesdad
05-20-2013, 13:24
Didnt realize we were walking in. Thought we were right by the parking lot. That might be a problem for me. Can anyone confirm this?

Jaxx
05-20-2013, 16:17
Update my status to 100% ..

Grapenut
05-20-2013, 17:56
Latest headcount:

ABC - Yes (+1 maybe)
Aboyd - Yes (+son maybe)
Grapenut - Yes
Gnawdog - Yes
Plessl - Yes
Jaxx - Yes
Stevebo - Maybe
Southmark - Maybe
Clankbang - Maybe
Monday - Maybe
Mclovinal - Maybe
Drifter - Maybe
Toygun - Maybe
Haynesdad - Maybe
Tightwad - Kitchen Pass Retracted
Boser924 - Had to pull out

G-Nut

tight-wad
05-20-2013, 19:24
While the cat's away the mice will play....

My wife scheduled a family event for this weekend while I was hiking the AT in Mass. So, I won't be able to make this hang. Maybe in the fall?

Grapenut
05-20-2013, 20:54
Anyone want to link-up at the Adams Gap Trailhead on Friday and hike 9.2 miles(ish) to the Cheaha Falls Shelter? The other half of the loop back to Adams Gap when we hike out Sunday will be 7.5(ish). The mile-by-mile description is below. I'd like to do this with someone who has been on these trails before if possible but that won't keep me from a doin' it. Who's in?

ADAMS GAP TRAILHEAD
Exit I ~ 20 at US 431, east of Oxford.
Go south 3.4 miles to the overhead bridge.
Go 100 yards past the overhead bridge to the second right turn, just before Parks
Store. Turn right.
Go 0.4 miles to the stop sign at AL 281. Turn left.
Go 17.9 miles to where the pavement ends at the Adams Gap Trailhead parking area.

Trail Guide
MILE Directions UTM (ZONE 16S)
1 0 Head uphill on Pinhoti Trail, Passing seasonal streams and campsites (perfect for late starters). 0604666E 3696668N
2 3.3 Turn right (south) and switchback up 900 feet in next 1.4 miles-the hikes only sustained climb. 0607249E 3698289N
3 3.9 Go left at junction. In 50 feet, drop packs and scramble south to rocky overlook over Cedar Mountain. 0607454E 3697862N
4 4.5 Turn left (north) at the fork. Curve east then north again, passing a view-rich campsite in .25 mile. 0608146E 3698048N
5 5 Fill up at this reliable creek, then cross it heading northwest. In .3 mile, camp at a site with water. 0608616E 3698545N
6 5.5 Turn left (northwest) onto Chinabee Silent Trail and begin a thousand foot descent over 1.5 miles. 0608744E 3698856N
7 7.4 Go left (west) at the intersection, then right at 100 feet. Cross AL 281 then Skyway Motorway (mile 8.1). 0607717E 3700881N
8 8.7 Carefully ford Cheaha Creek, which can be dodgy in high water. Continue west past a shelter. 0606886E 3702011N
9 10.9 Take a sharp left (southwest) at the junction. After another ford, bear right onto the skyway trail. 0605144E 3702547N
10 13 Turn right (west) into a campsite, cross Hubbard creek, then follow RED blazes south. 0604052E 3701056N
11 15.9 Cross Barbary Creek (camping nearby) heading southwest, then continue south. 0604088E 3698679N
12 17.5 Go straight at junction, picking up the Pinhoti Trail, and hike .2 mile to close the loop at Adams Gap. 0604512E 3696881N

abc
05-21-2013, 00:16
Man sounds fun but I think I am going to stick to the turnipseed parking lot :D.

aboyd
05-21-2013, 07:16
Didnt realize we were walking in. Thought we were right by the parking lot. That might be a problem for me. Can anyone confirm this?

It's about a 2 mile hike to the spot we are planning to use.

southmark
05-21-2013, 07:18
Grapenut, I have done this loop several times in both directions. It is a good trip, some nice challenging sections, plenty of water, and easy to follow. The stream crossing at the Chinnabee Skyway trail intersection may be a little challenging after all of the rain. Look for a large tree across the creek upstream from the trails intersection.

haynesdad
05-21-2013, 07:49
It's about a 2 mile hike to the spot we are planning to use.

I'll have to skip this one then. Just got a lot of staples pulled out of my leg from an accident. Stairs and rough terrain are still an issue for the next few months.

Jaxx
05-21-2013, 08:36
Grapenut i'd be willing do it with you. what time you wanna meet up? you wanna meet up a day earlier on thursday?

Also here is a thought. we could both meet at turnip seed and leave one vehicle there and store some stuff in the vehicle and pick up stuff on our way through.

Grapenut
05-21-2013, 13:47
Grapenut, I have done this loop several times in both directions. It is a good trip, some nice challenging sections, plenty of water, and easy to follow. The stream crossing at the Chinnabee Skyway trail intersection may be a little challenging after all of the rain. Look for a large tree across the creek upstream from the trails intersection.

Thanks Southmark! Appreciate the advice. Also, I've read a number of places that the trail may not be marked so well in sections. You say it is easy to follow? Perhaps my sources are dated? Any comments are most welcome!

Thanks, G-Nut :shades:

boser924
05-21-2013, 14:15
Hey guys, sorry but I am out for this weekend. :(

aboyd
05-21-2013, 14:20
Thanks Southmark! Appreciate the advice. Also, I've read a number of places that the trail may not be marked so well in sections. You say it is easy to follow? Perhaps my sources are dated? Any comments are most welcome!

Thanks, G-Nut :shades:

When you start the 1000' descent on the Cinnabee Silent towards Turnipseed, it can be hard to follow, at least it has been for me in the past. It's also pretty rocky, easy to turn an ankle.

Grapenut
05-22-2013, 11:56
Updated headcount:

ABC - Yes (+1 maybe)
Aboyd - Yes (+son maybe)
Grapenut - Yes
Gnawdog - Yes
Plessl - Yes
Jaxx - Yes
----------
Stevebo - Maybe
Southmark - Maybe
Monday - Maybe
Mclovinal - Maybe
Drifter - Maybe
Toygun - Maybe
----------
Clankbang - Out on this one
Haynesdad - Has to miss it
Tightwad - Kitchen pass retracted

Jaxx
05-22-2013, 13:46
I'm leaving Tomorrow and spending then night @ Turnip seed if anyone else wants to come early. I should be there before 5 PM . im shooting for 3 ish

CLANKBANG
05-22-2013, 13:48
I'm out on this one..

Grapenut
05-22-2013, 14:58
I'm leaving Tomorrow and spending then night @ Turnip seed if anyone else wants to come early. I should be there before 5 PM . im shooting for 3 ish

See you there tomorrow night.

Buhlee
05-22-2013, 19:42
Is it too late to get in on this? I've been watching this for a couple weeks, but wasn't sure I could get the time off.

Jaxx
05-22-2013, 20:12
No Buhlee it's not to late..

Buhlee
05-22-2013, 20:22
Great. Count me in then.

aboyd
05-22-2013, 21:47
Sounds like this is gonna be a good trip. My sonis not coming along on this one, just me. Got all packed tonight, o will be all set for the weekend. Weather is looking good.

ftroop94
05-22-2013, 22:11
Have fun Grapenut.

I'll have to cross the border sometime and go down that way. Doing my annual crawfish boil this weekend!

Grapenut
05-23-2013, 08:33
Updated headcount:

ABC - Yes (+1 maybe)
Aboyd - Yes
Grapenut - Yes
Gnawdog - Yes
Plessl - Yes
Jaxx - Yes
Buhlee - Yes
----------
Monday - Maybe
Mclovinal - Maybe
Drifter - Maybe
Toygun - Maybe
----------
Clankbang - Out on this one
Haynesdad - Has to miss it
Tightwad - Kitchen pass retracted
Stevebo - Rain Check
Southmark - Might stop in

It's never to late to join in! You know where we'll be.

G-Nut

stevebo
05-23-2013, 08:34
I love to make it, but will have to take a rain check on this one-----have a great time!

Grapenut
05-23-2013, 08:35
Have fun Grapenut.

I'll have to cross the border sometime and go down that way. Doing my annual crawfish boil this weekend!

Finally going to get a chance to try out my Arc Blast...we'll definitely have to link up for another outing in the near future (I'll bring the Bookers!). Enjoy the mud bugs!

southmark
05-23-2013, 11:14
Well I will not actually make the hang but will be in the area hiking with a friend. We may make it by that direction. Not sure right now. At any rate you should have a great time; perfect weather, full moon and a really nice place. Be sure and hike on down the Chinnabee Trail to the "Devil's Den". Really nice and pleasant down in that area.

Grapenut
05-23-2013, 12:06
Well, I'm out the door. See you guys there!

abc
05-24-2013, 11:34
Out the door see you guys in a few hours

Looknup
05-24-2013, 21:21
Hope y'all enjoy. Looking forward to trip reports. I'm smoking 300 lbs of pork butts for youth fund raiser. I'll make the next one.

Postal
05-25-2013, 22:00
Hope to see a trip report and pics after this is done.

aboyd
05-26-2013, 12:46
Trip was awesome, just got back to the house, so time to clean up and unpack. Hope to get a report and dome pics up later today or tomorrow.

Jaxx
05-26-2013, 15:25
Had a awsome time. I can't wait to do it again.. here is my first pic. i'll upload more later.

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/8/0/6/7/20130524_122143_thumb.jpg (https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=20911&c=2)

Buhlee
05-26-2013, 18:48
I had a great time. Thanks to everybody that went, we definitely need to have another one, maybe in the fall. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow (if I can). Got to go grill some dinner.

CLANKBANG
05-26-2013, 19:46
Looks like y'all had a great time...
I'm not going to miss the next one.

aclawrence
05-27-2013, 22:29
Dang, just stumbled across this thread a little too late. I would love to get something going a little closer to NW Alabama this fall if anybody is over this way. Glad ya'll had a good trip.