PDA

View Full Version : Sb xlc???

Tuck
04-15-2013, 20:42
From doing a bunch of research, it seems that there is a consensus that the SB is more comfortable than the wbbb. So, I was leaning that way, but the new wbbb xlc has changed my thinking. I really like the versatility of the xlc. Has TTTG ever thought about doing a xlc version of the SB? I already know about the 2qzq mod, but it would be really cool to have the option of taking the bug net completely off and putting a wind guard on it.

Could it happen???

breyman
04-15-2013, 20:49
From doing a bunch of research, it seems that there is a consensus that the SB is more comfortable than the wbbb.

I wouldn't make that assumption at all. Lots of people love both and you can't go wrong with either, but I'm not sure you'd get a clear consensus that the SB is more comfy than the WBBB. The WBBB XLC (and the WBBB before it) are the most comfortable gathered-end hammocks I've ever slept in.

So, I was leaning that way, but the new wbbb xlc has changed my thinking. I really like the versatility of the xlc. Has TTTG ever thought about doing a xlc version of the SB? I already know about the 2qzq mod, but it would be really cool to have the option of taking the bug net completely off and putting a wind guard on it.

Could it happen???

Sure, it could happen. And while I don't speak for TTTG, I don't imagine it will. With the mod already out there and the XLC, I'm not sure they'd end up copying it (unless one of the owners jumps on and corrects me).

If you really want the versatility of the XLC, get the XLC. It is VERY comfortable. You won't regret it.

Tuck
04-15-2013, 20:54
I might should have said "slight consensus". I surely don't want to offend the WB crowd. ;-). Cause really...these two hammocks are as good as it probably gets in regarding gathered in hammocks.

Red Wing
04-15-2013, 22:00
nevermind....

JollyGreen
04-16-2013, 06:10
SB is 10ft

drifter
04-16-2013, 09:41
OK I give up, I’ve looked thru the acronyms and abbreviations page and did not see “SB” so what is it?

Tuck
04-16-2013, 09:49
OK I give up, I’ve looked thru the acronyms and abbreviations page and did not see “SB” so what is it?

Switchback

Fizz
04-16-2013, 09:56
lol, i agree with drifter. can we stop with the acronymns? or is there anywhere an acronymn dictionary is posted on the site? if not, we should get someone who knows the ins and outs to put one up!

MAD777
04-16-2013, 11:04
Actually, there is an acronym dictionary on this site. However, I'm on my phone and my cut & paste abilities are limited.

Also, my standard Switchback is infinitely more comfortable than my standard Blackbird. And I hike with two others who agree with me. To each his own. :)

yooz85
04-16-2013, 11:14
acronym dictionary
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=216

Darby
04-25-2013, 07:59
We do not have plans for any new designs at present. We have eight models and it is all we can do to keep those in stock.

Cheers, Dale

Yukon
04-25-2013, 08:07
From doing a bunch of research, it seems that there is a consensus that the SB is more comfortable than the wbbb.

WHAT??? :confused:

Hangandy
05-17-2013, 22:54
Acronym Dictionary? Don't you mean an AD? :D

krshome
07-02-2013, 19:28
Actually, there is an acronym dictionary on this site. However, I'm on my phone and my cut & paste abilities are limited.

Also, my standard Switchback is infinitely more comfortable than my standard Blackbird. And I hike with two others who agree with me. To each his own. :)

+ 1 on the Switchback being more comfy than the BB but My new 10" Dream Hammock 1.9 Darien UL is equally comfy as the Switchback but lighter. The Switchback and the WBBB are both advertised as being 10 foot but the Switchback is a good 8" longer. As far as 11 foot hammocks I have tried them and I personally didn't care for them, plus my underquilt suspension didn't fit and my tarp was to small. Just some things to think about.

sandykayak
07-06-2013, 20:44
The longer length allows for a more diagonal sleeping position. For a wee bit more weight, those extra 8" can add a lot to comfort.