PDA

View Full Version : Stayed dry in Downpour

grannypat
04-17-2013, 19:12
My Tadpole was set a little high over the hammock when a storm came up today. The wind was blowing and we had 1 inch of rain in about 30 minutes. I was sure that my underquilt and hammock were getting wet, but when I went out after the storm, they were dry! Yay, Tadpole!! I'm used to a Noahs 12" and I've been leary of this little tarp, but it worked well.

Shug
04-17-2013, 20:04
My Tadpole was set a little high over the hammock when a storm came up today. The wind was blowing and we had 1 inch of rain in about 30 minutes. I was sure that my underquilt and hammock were getting wet, but when I went out after the storm, they were dry! Yay, Tadpole!! I'm used to a Noahs 12" and I've been leary of this little tarp, but it worked well.
Good to hear that....be better if you were in the hammy. It would hang lower and then you'd really know.........
Shug

flatline
04-17-2013, 20:13
TadPoles ROCK!

Caveman
04-17-2013, 20:56
I've been through a few pretty good storms with my tadpole and it did its job very well. I'm with Shug though.....Why weren't you IN THE HAMMOCK :)

grannypat
04-17-2013, 21:17
I've been through a few pretty good storms with my tadpole and it did its job very well. I'm with Shug though.....Why weren't you IN THE HAMMOCK :)

Cleaning house. Would much rather have been in the hammock.

dragon360
04-18-2013, 08:05
Only heard great things about the Tadpole and know great things about Marty!

dkurfiss
04-18-2013, 08:25
Excellent news! I am doing the same kind of testing only with a BCUSA 10' x10'. I also have the Noah 12 which I will use for car/motocycle camping when I am setting up a long term location. So far I am liking the BCUSA 10. Nothing wet yet but have not gotten out in a good heavy rain yet.