03-13-2007, 09:08
Wow, this is neat:
http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Images/Thread%20Stand%20%20X.jpg

blackbishop351
03-13-2007, 09:15
That's pretty cool....a lot nicer-looking than mine, that's for sure! :p

lvleph
03-13-2007, 09:31
Man that is way better than the piece o' crap I bought. I am going to make one tonight.

Coffee
03-13-2007, 10:00
I just use the 1000m spoils that fit on my machine. Probibly not as cost efficient since am on number 3, but easier to work with.

Pretty cool idea though. Thanks for sharing.

lvleph
03-13-2007, 11:57
I just use the 1000m spoils that fit on my machine. Probibly not as cost efficient since am on number 3, but easier to work with.

Pretty cool idea though. Thanks for sharing.

I have had Rayway Thread for 2 years. I have made 3 backpacks, 4 tarps, 3 hammocks, and various other things while tooling around.

BillyBob58
03-13-2007, 12:54
Man that is way better than the piece o' crap I bought. I am going to make one tonight.

What the heck is this thing? Is this a joke? If so, I have fallen for it! :o

PS: Oh, OK, maybe something for sewing?

Coffee
03-13-2007, 13:00
I have had Rayway Thread for 2 years. I have made 3 backpacks, 4 tarps, 3 hammocks, and various other things while tooling around.

Yeah I should get a huge spoil. But I am always sliding my machine around on the table when I am doing smaller projects to make room to lay them out. It is more lazyness factor for the hassle than anything else.

lvleph
03-13-2007, 13:06
Yeah I should get a huge spoil. But I am always sliding my machine around on the table when I am doing smaller projects to make room to lay them out. It is more lazyness factor for the hassle than anything else.

And I am always knocking my spool over.

Bird Dog
03-13-2007, 15:02
If I knew how to sew I would probably make one. But, my sewing instructor must be mad at me. Ive only had one lesson. BD :D

lvleph
03-13-2007, 15:28
I was thinking of taking a class at the community college. Mostly so that I can learn how to make apparel. I really would like to just make gear and hike for a living.

Bird Dog
03-13-2007, 15:30
I really would like to just make gear and hike for a living.

Wouldnt we all. If you find that job, let me know. BD

headchange4u
03-13-2007, 15:31
That's cool as hell. I have a bunch of those CD spindles lying around.

I normally use the spools that fit on the machine but I have been meaning to get the large spools from Thru-Hiker. Now I have an excuse.

blackbishop351
03-13-2007, 16:14
If I knew how to sew I would probably make one. But, my sewing instructor must be mad at me. Ive only had one lesson. BD :D

Your sewing instructor has been waiting for you to get some free time...

And right now he's sore as HELL and pretty incapacitated because you decided to make him run a marathon last weekend! :p

slowhike
03-13-2007, 18:31

And right now he's sore as HELL and pretty incapacitated because you decided to make him run a marathon last weekend! :p

yeah, i herd about yall's marathon:rolleyes: glad i wasn't there. i mite still be there:eek:

Bird Dog
03-13-2007, 22:00

Marathon? What marathon? I was trying to keep up with you! I feel pretty good. In fact, I just finished working out. Ive got to get into better shape before our next trip. Im guessing it was my gourmet freezer bag food and slim jims that kept me going!

BTW, theres no such thing as free time when you work full time and have three kids. You have to make time. BD :D

Bird Dog
03-13-2007, 22:01
yeah, i herd about yall's marathon:rolleyes: glad i wasn't there. i mite still be there:eek:

Oh boy.....I hate to hear what BB said. It wasnt that bad. We missed you. Hope to see you on the next one. BD