PDA

View Full Version : Conasauga River help

Oophaga
05-05-2013, 15:24
I am looking to go back to the Conasauga in Ga this summer. I love the spot been there twice. The roads beat the hell out of our car last year though, I was wondering if anyone knew the easiest trail heads to get to? The roads just get potholes the size of a vw so if possible I'd like to find a trial head where the drive isnt so rough. Before we went down tearbritches and I believe chestnut lead.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan

lazyboy
05-06-2013, 11:43
[QUOTE=Oophaga;1002840]I am looking to go back to the Conasauga in Ga this summer. I love the spot been there twice. The roads beat the hell out of our car last year though, I was wondering if anyone knew the easiest trail heads to get to? The roads just get potholes the size of a vw so if possible I'd like to find a trial head where the drive isnt so rough. Before we went down tearbritches and I believe chestnut lead.

Thanks for any help!

Hickory Creek Trail Head at F. S. Rd 630 and F. S. Rd 17. Sherpa Gudes has excellant directions. Search on Cohutta Wilderness

flyhang
05-06-2013, 15:27
My son and I were at the western trailhead for Hickory Creek early in April. We went in off of 441 and turned on grassy street just past the Crandall post office
There were some pot holes in the road, but if wasn't too bad.

KOH

Oophaga
06-07-2013, 11:55
Thanks guys! Ill check into hickory creek trailhead! I want to avoid horrible roads as a ford edge isn't made for that stuff. Changing shocks and struts is no fun ;)