PDA

View Full Version : New feature: Wait so far

PapaSmurf
05-06-2013, 13:03
The order status (http://www.dream-hammock.com/order_status.html) page has been reworked at dream-hammock.com (http://www.dream-hammock.com/index.html).
We've added a feature that counts the days a person has been waiting on their order.
(Day 0 is a little screwy because it counts from the end of the day :rolleyes:)

Communication about your order is very important to me. I'm hoping this new feature will help existing customers see exactly where their order is and how long they've been waiting. New customers can use it to see what the anticipated wait time may be on a new order. I will personally use it to monitor our backlog and see where I may arrange my workload to be more efficient.

Thanks
Randy "PapaSmurf"

DemostiX
05-06-2013, 13:58
I appreciate your attention to this, not because I've been your client, but because you are demonstrating how to get anticipation-management under control for bespoke (ie genuinely custom-made) goods.

I further appreciate that whatever you were doing before, including the tickets, you're putting in place a system that you think may work better. That's real quality control: working to improvement.

That, your web page design investments, (and I expect, your hammocks) are a solid foundation for future business growth. Cottage is nice. Multiple room cottage, and vying with Hennessy is nicer: It employs more people.

DivaB
05-06-2013, 14:31
Didn't you used to have that feature? I remember my friend and I kept checking to see when her boyfriend's hammock was going to be up next in the line up.

PapaSmurf
05-06-2013, 14:44
I appreciate your attention to this, not because I've been your client, but because you are demonstrating how to get anticipation-management under control for bespoke (ie genuinely custom-made) goods.

Didn't you used to have that feature?

I've had a simple order list for quite some time, but it's more automated now and there's a lot more going on in the background that isn't visible to the customer. The goal is to provide the best information and communication out to folks who've ordered and to those considering a Dream Hammock.

Detail Man
05-06-2013, 16:11
That's a nice feature.

voivalin
05-07-2013, 11:48
The goal is to provide the best information and communication out to folks who've ordered and to those considering a Dream Hammock.

And this is one reason why the Dream Hammocks are so hard to resist.

True customer care! :)

Coach#1
05-12-2013, 18:19
Sweet! Lucky number 424 for this dude ... in line.

8Daddy
05-13-2013, 19:01
Love this order status board. An excellent example of how a seller can better connect with their customers. It isn't just the board though, Randy is so responsive and helpful with his emails that I am surprised he's only 6 weeks out on his estimated lead times.
When I had questions on fabrics for the Darien UL he offered to send me samples and took the time to describe each of the fabric options to me in an email. If he is half as good at hammock builds as he is at customer service before the sale - I am going to be excessively happy. I say if because I just placed my first Dream Hammock order a couple of days ago.

McBroom
05-14-2013, 22:20
Love this order status board. An excellent example of how a seller can better connect with their customers. It isn't just the board though, Randy is so responsive and helpful with his emails that I am surprised he's only 6 weeks out on his estimated lead times.
When I had questions on fabrics for the Darien UL he offered to send me samples and took the time to describe each of the fabric options to me in an email. If he is half as good at hammock builds as he is at customer service before the sale - I am going to be excessively happy. I say if because I just placed my first Dream Hammock order a couple of days ago.

I do not think that you will be disappointed at all. I'm loving my DangerBird so far. It is very comfortable and the craftsmanship is top notch. It was worth the wait.

Coach#1
05-27-2013, 21:58
Now serving ... #424.

Woohoo!

Looking forward to it PapaSmurf!

PapaSmurf
05-27-2013, 22:30
Now serving ... #424.

Woohoo!

Looking forward to it PapaSmurf!

Killer holiday weekend spent in the workshop. Man, I'm whipped!

#424, 427, & 430 are on this week and I'll work to get those shipped before we head out East with my Son.

Cali
05-28-2013, 10:38
Randy, I love the new addition to your order status. It just shows your attention to detail. I love my ThunderBird, it is soaring proudly.... :thumbup: Thank you for your great work..... Plus, I am loving that night grid camo... :boggle: :wuv:

Coach#1
05-28-2013, 19:26
Killer holiday weekend spent in the workshop. Man, I'm whipped!

#424, 427, & 430 are on this week and I'll work to get those shipped before we head out East with my Son.

Sweet - thanks Randy - appreciate it. Hope you get a bit of a rest and recharge on your trip east.

Cheers!

Coach

Coach#1
05-28-2013, 19:28
Randy, I love the new addition to your order status. It just shows your attention to detail. I love my ThunderBird, it is soaring proudly.... :thumbup: Thank you for your great work..... Plus, I am loving that night grid camo... :boggle: :wuv:

I'm waiting on a night grid camo T-Bird now. Sooooo excited (if you couldn't tell).