PDA

View Full Version : ULA Rain Wrap.

WrongTurn
02-23-2009, 15:23
Just bought one of these, and am planning on modding it a little with some silnylon channels sewn on and some shock cord to make an over cover of sorts. atleast until my BB gets here.

Take-a-knee
02-23-2009, 15:56
Just bought one of these, and am planning on modding it a little with some silnylon channels sewn on and some shock cord to make an over cover of sorts. atleast until my BB gets here.

Overcover of what?

Cannibal
02-23-2009, 16:05
Is the sil skirt (:tongueup:) going to be big enough to act as an overcover? Seems that it would only cover about half (if that) of the hammock. Might make a good gear hammock.

GrizzlyAdams
02-23-2009, 16:06
Overcover of what?

I would guess a pack cover. It's about the right size of material for it. If an over-cover of a hammock....
could work maybe if the coverage started at the foot end and left some air above the head. I don't think
it is long enough for full coverage.

I've made a couple of sil rain skirts, it's a nice easy project for someone just getting into DIY.

Grizz

animalcontrol
02-23-2009, 17:05
Is the sil skirt (:tongueup:) going to be big enough to act as an overcover? Seems that it would only cover about half (if that) of the hammock. Might make a good gear hammock.
I've made a 'mini' top cover...covered from my head to just below my waist (the only area I cared to trap heat) It works well down to 5*F or so...then the condensation gets me!
oh yea...2 oz :cool:

Shug
02-23-2009, 17:37
I use mine as a tarp extender on my smaller tarp. Wind block and rain protection.... http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5964
Shug

DavidWa
02-23-2009, 23:02
It's a bit odd to me. But last week I was giving some thought to how a rain wrap might be adapted to a tarp when needed. I have a ULA Conduit pack and had therefore heard of their rain wrap. Had been thinking I might order one. Then last fall I was in an outfitter shop in Tenn. where I spotted an Etowah rain wrap , so I learned someone else makes them and it was on sale for half off. It's a long whereas a regular would have been better for my height. But hey at half off why not. Anyway the two makes are likely made about the same. So thanks guys for the tips on how you have adapted yours.

David

WrongTurn
02-24-2009, 06:39
I guess overcover wasnt a good descriptive word I was thinking weather shield like. Basically while in an ENO spraying rain and random wind can soak the foot end of your bag and hammock. I was thinking of laying it over my bag and using shock cord to keep it semi-snug overtop of me to help keep the rain off the top of my bags. Should cover from just below my feet to around my middle torso.