PDA

View Full Version : New Summer series quilts

dangerous
05-22-2013, 10:03
Anyone have any reports/reviews on the new summer series quilts. I'm really interested in the full length UQ and the XXL TQ combo.

KMACK
05-22-2013, 10:05
+1 on a review of their summer UQ. I'll be watching this thread.

gctj12
05-22-2013, 13:13
I have the short summer UQ. Very nice. I have only had it for a few weeks and used it in temps in the 60's. I have a Jacks 20 degree UQ and found it just too much in those temps even when vented. I really like the SSUQ so far. Very light and of course very well made. It is rated to 45 but I will not get to those temps until the fall. For the warm weather I have used it in so far I think it's great.

NCfree
05-22-2013, 14:11
I woke up in my hammock this morning on my back porch (8 nights in a row) and thought about how my SSTQ has become one of my most beloved pieces of gear. We cuddled for about an hour before I had to get up and start getting ready for work. So far, it has been down to 55 and kept me nice and cozy. I cant speak for the SSUQ, but the TQ is first class.

flatline
05-22-2013, 22:30
I got a set last summer and I love everything about them.
Here's a little review (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53649) I did back then.

Indy138
05-31-2013, 16:07
I just bought the ss uq and tq set. I will be trying it out in two weeks on a trek. I'll let you know what I think:)

Loki
06-01-2013, 15:28
I'm really enjoying my summer UQ!

Roadrunnr72
06-01-2013, 19:08
I do need to get a summer set. The last couple of campouts, the temps got down to mid 40's. I got chilled using my 20° UQ and TQ. I got overheated, and started to sweat, then came the chills. I did use the UQ and a poncho liner, and was warm most of the night, then the temps dipped a little more, and the poncho liner just wasn't enough. Thinking these will be the next big hammock purchase, when ever I get the funds together. I do have some scrape metal I should take to the scrape yard. Or try to sell the old truck I have......RR

Caveman
06-05-2013, 08:33
I've got the short underquilt and I've been really enjoying it. It packs down so small and it's so light. It's been making a great quilt for the warmer weather. I had originally thought that I wanted the full length, but I've found that the shorter one works perfect for anything 60* or above.

I'll put together a video review in the next few days.

Coil
06-06-2013, 16:55
My SS UQ arrived yesterday after the usual 3 day wait from WL! It's very well made and easy to set up. It also packs down to the size of a grape fruit. I'm very pleased with it.
I can't wait to use it this weekend at the Western WA hang. :)

dangerous
06-06-2013, 18:24
My SS UQ arrived yesterday after the usual 3 day wait from WL! It's very well made and easy to set up. It also packs down to the size of a grape fruit. I'm very pleased with it.
I can't wait to use it this weekend at the Western WA hang. :)

Is that the full length or the partial? I already have the original short version and love it, but am really interested in the full size UQ

Coil
06-06-2013, 21:07
Oops. It's the short.

dangerous
06-06-2013, 23:25
I got a set last summer and I love everything about them.
Here's a little review (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53649) I did back then.

Have you seen/handled the new larger TQ. And if so, what's you opinion on it. I"m 5-10 and 185lbs. I don't want more quilt than I need but on the other hand I don't to feel like I have to sleep one way to fit in my quilt, if you get what i'm saying.

flatline
06-07-2013, 09:02
Have you seen/handled the new larger TQ. And if so, what's you opinion on it. I"m 5-10 and 185lbs. I don't want more quilt than I need but on the other hand I don't to feel like I have to sleep one way to fit in my quilt, if you get what i'm saying.

I'm 6'1" / 200lbs and I use the original SS TQ.
I had Marty make my SS TQ a rectangle rather than tapered to the foot end.
That way I could convince my wife it was also a blanket she could use on the couch in winter :shades: and she fell for it! :cool:
She did tell me I was transparent... I took that as a compliment!

I think the regular will be fine.

__bob__

NMardin
06-16-2013, 17:57
I'm 6'1" / 200lbs and I use the original SS TQ.
I had Marty make my SS TQ a rectangle rather than tapered to the foot end.
That way I could convince my wife it was also a blanket she could use on the couch in winter :shades: and she fell for it! :cool:
She did tell me I was transparent... I took that as a compliment!

I think the regular will be fine.

__bob__

Great tactic flatline! :D I don't think i could pull it off that way though... My fiance and I just got our UQ's in the mail the other day and she uses THAT as a blanket... need something a little more strategic in this situation!

dangerous
06-17-2013, 20:39
Well I went ahead and bought the quilts. Review will be posted soon.

flatline
06-17-2013, 21:03
Mighty fine!

NMardin
06-18-2013, 13:07
Well I went ahead and bought the quilts. Review will be posted soon.

Looking forward to reading it! I'm in the fence about the top quilt right now...

Cali
06-18-2013, 13:09
Bought a set on the 10th and can't wait to get them and try them out. Maybe at the John Rock Hang in NC... :thumbup:

cherring
12-15-2014, 12:26
Is that the full length or the partial? I already have the original short version and love it, but am really interested in the full size UQ

I ordered the Full Length on the 6th and am waiting patiently for it to come in.:lol:

hikinglitemike
12-16-2014, 22:19
I have the summer series XXL Top Quilt and the Full Lenth Under Quilt. I used them at Mt Rogers back in May (Trail Days Weekend). They kept me toasty and the low temp was 35°! I also used an UQP as it was windy. I have enjoyed the Summer Series Quilts. Wilderness Logics gear is the best!

olddog
12-17-2014, 10:08
Used my set last weekend on our Green Swamp hike with 32°f both mornings. Just a bit of CBS but that was well below the SS limits. It was actually only at the point of the lowest cheek and then only when I was on my back. While on my side I didn't notice the CBS. It could be just a matter of tweeking the suspension. I supplemented the TQ with a DIY quilt that was made lighter than a poncho liner and was very comfortable. All in all more than should have been expected from a summer UQ/TQ set.

cherring
12-17-2014, 10:36
I just recieved my Full Length SS UQ. Roughly the size of the Tadpole when in stuff sack. Fabric is very soft, and if TQ is made out of the same thing I imagine it would be very comfortable. Still trying to get the "hang" of hanging it (Bad pun, sorry) as it is my first UQ. Overall very happy with my purchase.

craigc
12-17-2014, 17:32
I've used the SS quilts very comfortably down to the mid thirties as well. I ordered the XXL topquilt which was overkill for size so it hasn't gotten as much use.

Benton Wahl
12-29-2014, 23:20
I have the SS XXL TQ and love it. I have had it down to 32 twice but I have the regular WL UQ 3/4 rated at 15 degrees I think? I wear light thermal top and bottoms. First time at 32 I was cold- second time I used a hot water bottle in fleece and it did the trick. I'm 5'11" and around 215lb. I don't feel like the quilt is to big but don't have a lot to compare it to.