PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 Ripstop

gcy24
06-07-2013, 14:24
So I am thinking about having a 1.0 woodland darien built for myself. I am 5'8" and 145lbs. I know this will hold my weight, that's no problem. But I am wondering how comfortable it will be, and how many people are actually happy with 1.0 30d ripstop. I have heard it is a bit more springy...

I guess what I'm asking for is opinions on 1.0 ripstop. Are people happy with it? Or should I opt for 1.9 ACU(although I really want the woodland camo).

I'm used to ENO's parachute material. And I liked the 1.9 ripstop I laid in... Just for reference if that helps you guys any. I'm hoping I make sense and it's clear what I'm asking...

SwinginIt
06-07-2013, 14:41
I definitely like my 1.9 hammock better, but I'm perfectly happy in my 1.0 hammocks.

Cranky Bear
06-07-2013, 14:41
I am extremely happy with mine (darien UL with 1.0), I am 5'9" and was 194 (dropped 7#'s, so I'm down too 187 now) but it holds (held) me just fine. I find it very comfortable, better than my 3 hennessey hammocks, and my 3 DIY hammocks, and my bridge. But YMMV, what is comfortable and works for one, is the worst thing in the world for another. If there's any one near you (or an upcoming HF hang) that you could try out first that would probably be best. Of course this is my humble opinion which some don't like!

gcy24
06-07-2013, 14:52
Ah! It's so hard to decide. And of course dream hammocks being closed until the 9th doesn't help any... I really like the woodland camo, that's what I want. But I wish it was offered in something else. 1.0 scares me from all I have read.

I had a 1.9 darien UL but it was too long for me. So I know if I got a darien 1.9 I will be happy. But I know 1.0 will keep my pack lighter, and will be the pattern I want.

Thank you both for your opinions.

gcy24
06-07-2013, 14:59
I should add that I am perfectly happy with the way ENO's treat me. I think it's a great hammock but I know it's a low end compared to our cottage vendors. I want to move to an American made vendor. The fact dream hammocks is made in my home state makes it even better.