PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting the lay right

taylo
06-25-2013, 10:18
Just to be sure before I screw something up,

I have a Darien UL. The bugnetting comes to a low peak on each side. Like where it meets the hammock body, on each side there is a low peak diagonal from the other side's low peak. Are these low peaks in the bugnet where my head and feet go?

Basically trying to figure out if I have a right or left lay hammock.

Hope this makes sense. Probably a PapaSmurf question.

goobie
06-25-2013, 16:23
From the Darien UL page

Shape: Right Lay Asym (head left, feet right) is standard.
Left Lay Asym (head right, feet left) is available, but only upon request.

Hope that helped??

krshome
06-25-2013, 19:35
You bought my hammock #402 its head left feet right. I sold because I wanted a 10' instead of the 11' to fit my under quilts and tarp. My 10' will be here tomorrow :)

sr1355
06-25-2013, 19:54
You want your head on the zipper side at the netting low peak end of the zipper. I roughly have my left shoulder in the low peak so to speak on a standard Right Lay Asym (head left, feet right). I have to say after close to 14 nights in the Darien UL, little over 2 months old, it has risen to my go to hammock. I enjoy the minor stretch in the fabric as it cradles my 185# nicely...

SteveJJ
06-25-2013, 21:55
I have to say after close to 14 nights in the Darien UL, little over 2 months old, it has risen to my go to hammock. I enjoy the minor stretch in the fabric as it cradles my 185# nicely...

Glad you got into a Dream Hammock! After 250+ nights in my DangerBird 72, it still beats out my SleepNumber bed so is my go to choice for sleeping. With Dream Hammock, UGQ Zep, some GoLite steals, I've never had better sleep in my life!

See you in the Black Hills!

PapaSmurf
06-26-2013, 08:11
Are these low peaks in the bugnet where my head and feet go?

Exactly right. The hammock body is built as a simple rectangle, but the net is asym shaped.
These peaks or "asym points" form pockets in the hammock body and are that's where your head and feet go.

I prefer to lie with my head opposite the zipper only because I like to reach the zipper on my right side, but as long as you lay in line with the asym points, you're good to go.

taylo
06-27-2013, 06:33
Thanks guys. The Darien is an awesome hammock.

gcy24
07-06-2013, 14:20
I suppose I should have mentioned that when I sold it to you. My fault, taylo!