PDA

View Full Version : OCF SS Pad w/Underquilt

Little Weasel
03-07-2009, 22:59
This may have been addressed before so pardon if I am asking something that has been answered. I am still at the stage where I ask rather than answer.
I am currently using the Snugfit on a HH Hyper and want to carry something to extend the temp range. I have the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core and the Wally World blue pad but want to cut the weight and external storage. I was considering the HH SS OCF pad for use between the hammock and Snugfit. I am asking because I am uncertain if OCF pads work if compressed between the layers or if it may hold the quilt off too much to negatively affect its insulating factors.
What temperature extension may you get with the added pad and possibly adding the JRB DriDuck Poncho weathershield?

Rushthezeppelin
03-08-2009, 00:18
I'd imagine you would have trouble getting it snug but not too snug. Like most other insulation it looses its properties when compressed. I think a good lightweight choice for a bit of quilt boost would be to get a sock or at least an undercover. Most people report as much as a 10* increase with just a UC and even more with a sock.