PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing?

Ashman
03-08-2009, 07:39
I have a "Shenandoah" Summer Quilt from the Jacks that I use as an underquilt. I am hanging in an HH Explorer (HUGE compared to the Asym I just got). I hear all the time abour suspenion issues and gaps and folks having trouble with the quilt fitting right. I either don't know what I am missing or I have managed to avoid by accident issues that have plauged hangers far more experinced than I. I am pretty sure its the former and not the latter. So, what am I missing? what should I be looking for?

DuctTape
03-08-2009, 08:27
Just a guess, but maybe the temps you used it at was not low enough for you to notice?

Ashman
03-08-2009, 12:58
I got into the 20's last week. Again I think maybe I am missing something.

turtlelady
03-08-2009, 13:08
Sounds to me like you have your system nailed for your needs and are ready to enjoy it every chance you get! Congrats! Camp enough and what you "are missing" will reveal itself in good time : )

angrysparrow
03-08-2009, 13:32
I don't think you're missing anything, Ashman. You've spent lots of time reading here on the forum (as well as Ed's book), have asked questions, and learned the tricks. It's not surprising that you've been able to put the knowledge into practice.

Well done!

Ashman
03-08-2009, 17:34
Thanks! I am just bummed because I don't know when my next trip is coming! This hanging and kikeing stuff is pretty addictive. I strung up my new Asym that I got from REI this afternoon just to "see how it feels" the whole time in the hammock thinking man I gotta get back to the woods!

Cannibal
03-09-2009, 10:33
Well, what are you waiting for? Get out in those woods! :D