PDA

View Full Version : vertex + UQ's

hacktorious
03-08-2009, 20:22
Anybody know if it is possible to put two UQ's under the Vertex? I would like to know before I sink the cash into one. Thanks.

It is tough to tell if it is even possible by looking at the photos.

Rushthezeppelin
03-08-2009, 22:41
As far as I know, nobody on the boards yet has a vertex so it would be all speculation unless somebody from Clark comments.

Mule
03-09-2009, 07:03
Pictures!!! What is a vertex?

hacktorious
03-09-2009, 07:14
Pictures!!! What is a vertex?

http://www.junglehammock.com/models/vertex/index.php

Cannibal
03-09-2009, 09:59
I will offer a "most probably".

I spent a couple of days emailing the Clarks about this very issue. The pics on their website are not very good for giving a proper impression, at least to me. It looks like the head-end of the hammock is flat. :confused: But, apparently both hammock beds are standard gathered-end hammocks with a whipping mass of sorts at each end. Should be no problem in attaching quilts. It got to the point that I actually offered to send the Clarks a couple of my quilts to see how they fit. This was when they were offering to make a mod for me. However, after more discussion we both came to the agreement that the quilts would probably work just fine with the stock set-up. I'll let you know in mid-April if you don't already have one by then. :shades:

hacktorious
03-09-2009, 10:03
Excellent, thanks. I am not sure if I will have one by then or not. Probably not, it will take me some time to save. I will be interested to hear your results.

hacktorious
05-10-2009, 21:13
So has anyone out there had a chance to try a JRB UQ on a Clark Vertex yet? Thanks.

cavediver2
05-12-2009, 00:14
I guess that when I wrote a small review of the vertex I did not make my self clear but
to answer your question I do have a Vertex and I am sure that the under quilt will work.
I have a half quilt I bought from warbonnette guy and it was just fine you do have to make adjustments
Once laying in side. Just so you know I love the vertex for when my girlfriend and I go backpacking.
And it does take away the total amount of weight between the two of us.

I think I added a few pictures when I put my review of the vertex up although none with the quilt pn
It.

hacktorious
05-12-2009, 06:24
Here is the response I got from the manufacturer:
Here is what the experts who have tested the hammock tell us:

The fact that the VERTEX has a storage section between each hammock bed makes it so the inner wall of each hammock bed does not rise as high as the outer wall. This presents some challenges for the JRB quilt. The issue is if a person is able to reach out of the hammock and under themselves to 'seat' the inner edge of the quilt. This takes a little effort. Quilts like the JRB may have a tendency to slip when getting into the hammock due to the lower inner wall not allowing the quilt to 'cup' as solidly as it normally would. SnugFit and Yetis work wonderfully, other than the issue of having to make a quick adjustment once you're in the hammock.

All in all, this model can be made to work with any quilt including the JRB, but it is not as convenient to use it as it would be on a conventional solo hammock.

Hope that helps. Regards,

Peter_pan
05-12-2009, 08:19
Here is the response I got from the manufacturer:
Here is what the experts who have tested the hammock tell us:

The fact that the VERTEX has a storage section between each hammock bed makes it so the inner wall of each hammock bed does not rise as high as the outer wall. This presents some challenges for the JRB quilt. The issue is if a person is able to reach out of the hammock and under themselves to 'seat' the inner edge of the quilt. This takes a little effort. Quilts like the JRB may have a tendency to slip when getting into the hammock due to the lower inner wall not allowing the quilt to 'cup' as solidly as it normally would. SnugFit and Yetis work wonderfully, other than the issue of having to make a quick adjustment once you're in the hammock.

All in all, this model can be made to work with any quilt including the JRB, but it is not as convenient to use it as it would be on a conventional solo hammock.

Hope that helps. Regards,

Hacktorious, et al,

Both the JRB Mt Washington-3 and -4 will fit as contoured and snugly as the yetiand Snugfit...

Pan

hacktorious
05-12-2009, 20:40
Thanks, Pan. I figured they would work OK. I expect my Mt. W. will work very well. I haven't bought a Vertex yet, and still haven't decided if they are worth it. Those things are very expensive. However, Kiwi really, really wants one. LOL

I have to say, I have over 30 night's in my Mt. W. and it is the best UQ on the market - IMHO. That thing can resist water very well, which is exactly what I want. This morning I woke up in a thick fog and didn't have any problems. It's been raining like crazy here too. I'll be back in it again tonight.

The best part is that it is a 4 season UQ and I don't have any issues keeping warm, no matter what the temps. So long as the quilt is properly hung. Oddly enough I don't have any issues with being too warm on warmer nights either.

Peter_pan
05-13-2009, 06:21
Thanks, Pan. I figured they would work OK. I expect my Mt. W. will work very well. I haven't bought a Vertex yet, and still haven't decided if they are worth it. Those things are very expensive. However, Kiwi really, really wants one. LOL

I have to say, I have over 30 night's in my Mt. W. and it is the best UQ on the market - IMHO. That thing can resist water very well, which is exactly what I want. This morning I woke up in a thick fog and didn't have any problems. It's been raining like crazy here too. I'll be back in it again tonight.

The best part is that it is a 4 season UQ and I don't have any issues keeping warm, no matter what the temps. So long as the quilt is properly hung. Oddly enough I don't have any issues with being too warm on warmer nights either.

Hacktorious,

Glad to hear that the MW-4 is doing well by you....Are you coming to trail days?....If so, we 'll see you there....We lave in a few hours for Damascus.

Pan

hacktorious
05-13-2009, 06:33
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make trail days this year. It would be nice if I could. It seems like a bit of a drive though.

Have Fun!!!