PDA

View Full Version : Join my MeetUp Group!!!!

treywilly
07-06-2013, 00:03
Hey I created a new Group on MeetUp.com called Tri-State Hammock Campers. You can find it at http://www.meetup.com/Tri-State-Hammock-Campers/?set_mobile=off

Looking to grow a community of hammock campers in the NorthEast US.

rockroot=:-(
07-06-2013, 11:34
Great idea. I am in.
Rock On!!!!!

nyhiker50
07-06-2013, 20:49
Knowing meetups is there a charge? On second thought forget it. I can't get to PA. Many of these meetups are run for profit and I can do much on my own.

Nighthauk
07-06-2013, 21:13
Hey I created a new Group on MeetUp.com called Tri-State Hammock Campers. You can find it at http://www.meetup.com/Tri-State-Hammock-Campers/?set_mobile=off

Looking to grow a community of hammock campers in the NorthEast US.

Hey Treywilly welcome to the forums. Glad to have ya. Just to let you know there is a pretty good size group of people on the forums who get together in the Northeast for either a group hang or backpacking trips. The last group hang we had 37 people with 7 of those children from 5-15. There is another group hang coming up in Sept. in Charlemont Ma on the 20-22nd. Your welcome to attend and meet some of the other folks here. We have also setup winter backpacking/snowshoeing trips as well as winter hangs. If you hAve any questions feel free to drop a pm or let me know. So keep an eye out for all things NEHHA. North East Hammock Hanging Assoc.

Mumbles
07-06-2013, 23:30
When will your group come to the greater Seattle area?

JollyGreen
07-07-2013, 10:41
When will your group come to the greater Seattle area?

That's a long hike!!

jerzybears
07-07-2013, 11:53
that's a long hike!!

lololololol!!!!!!

Mumbles
07-07-2013, 12:10
That's a long hike!!

Think of the amazing trip report and photo opportunities.

treywilly
07-11-2013, 09:53
I started this group on Meetup.com because there was only 2 hammock meet ups in the world on this site. I am not in this for profit, although I did go on a hiking trip and paid. After the trip I told my girlfriend we could have done this hike ourselves and saved the $150. Hiking should be free, the gear costs enough. I was looking for people to create hikes and lead hikes, they can be planned for any area. As for Seattle start a group, you guys have great hiking in that area.

nothermark
07-11-2013, 10:30
If you look at the trip postings I think you will find many open trips listed all over the country as well as the occasional international posting. That is why they are listed under trip planning. If you want to go contract the poster and bring your own unless otherwise advised. If you want company post a trip and see what happens.

nyhiker50
07-11-2013, 11:11
I started this group on Meetup.com because there was only 2 hammock meet ups in the world on this site. I am not in this for profit, although I did go on a hiking trip and paid. After the trip I told my girlfriend we could have done this hike ourselves and saved the $150. Hiking should be free, the gear costs enough. I was looking for people to create hikes and lead hikes, they can be planned for any area. As for Seattle start a group, you guys have great hiking in that area.

I used to lead hikes until I realized that too many people were takeing advantage of me and getting away cheap. The moment I imposed a rule that they had to show me a membership card to avoid the fee, POOF! they all vanished.
Hmmm, I guess they weren't members when they said they were.
What does this have to do with amything? I don't volunteer any more. With the price of gas and carefare it's just not worth leading. This is fair warning for anyone thinking of doing this. :lol: