PDA

View Full Version : ridge line ?

Jon308
07-06-2013, 12:19
Have SBP and was wondering about ridge line I understand it has to pass through Bug net but can I attach it to the carabineer at both ends, Doesn't this transfer the weight to the ridgeline or not.

goobie
07-08-2013, 11:34
It doesn't have to pass through the bugnet, both my SB have the ridgeline outside the net. You could probably attach to the biners, take the extra length into consideration when you make it.

You'll be much happier if you switch out the stock suspension. Many use whoopie slings, myself included. Get yourself 40' of 7/64" Amsteel from Redden Marine and make some, along with an SRL, and you'll be set.

Jon308
07-08-2013, 18:20
yea it seems this is the trend, have been reading up on it

Faussett
08-25-2013, 00:10
how and where did you attach your ridgeline to your hammock. im trying to figure out the best way to do it

goobie
08-25-2013, 12:30
I attach it to the whoopie sling when I feed it through the end channel. Feed the fixed loop of the whoopie through the loop of the ridgeline before the whoopie is fed through the end channel.

dragon383
09-23-2013, 05:05
Have SBP and was wondering about ridge line I understand it has to pass through Bug net but can I attach it to the carabineer at both ends, Doesn't this transfer the weight to the ridgeline or not.

Like Goobie said....it doesnt have to pass through the bugnet, but doing so will allow you to place a gear bag/pouch on the line... I was debating on doing that, but I think I will keep it on the outside

Charleskbrown2
03-17-2014, 23:27
I have my RL on the outside, but attach it with a soft shackle so if I want to flip the hammock over I can.