PDA

View Full Version : top quilt qestions

Faussett
07-11-2013, 00:41
Currently I'm using a mummy bag and I'm trying to talk myself out of getting a TQ but its not working. Still a little hesitant to spend the money but I'm set on Wilderness Logics. I'm 5'10" and 160lbs planning on getting the WL regular size. Is it better to have more space with the king size or to keep it tight to prevent drafts? Also about the drawstring or snaps pro and cons. Haven't found much info about them. Thanks

Bubba
07-11-2013, 01:13
The insulation will work better if closer to your body. I have a TQ that was once too long for me (I shortened it) and it created more dead air space between me and the quilt. I say go with the regular. I also think the sewn foot box is better. I have an UQ that has a draw string and snaps and the snaps come undone a lot and I don't see myself ever having the need to undo the draw sting.

bear bag hanger
07-11-2013, 05:01
You should be OK with the regular size. My only concern might be 48" wide might not be enough if you go to ground, but should work just fine in a hammock. If you are backpacking, then the width should work fine, you want to keep the weight down as much as possible. For me, drawstrings work better than snaps.

Caveman
07-11-2013, 06:47
I'm 6' and about 220 and I found the King Sized quilt was a bit big for me (just my personal taste). I'd suggest the Regular sized quilt.

I like a drawstring.

Faussett
07-11-2013, 23:47
Thanks for the in put. I think I've got all my questions answered. Next step is to buy it.

Bannerstone
07-12-2013, 05:44
Making the jump to a TQ is a trust issue, first night out you'll wonder why you waited. You'll be fine with a standard size quilt.

David

Faussett
07-12-2013, 10:57
I did it. Its ordered. What do you guys think for shipping time, three weeks or so?