PDA

View Full Version : NY>Adirondacks>Northville-Placid trail

adkphoto
07-15-2013, 09:20
Hi Everyone -

Planning a section hike of the Northville-Placid Trail this coming weekend July 19 - 21. Approximately a 32 mile stretch of this awesome trail through some very remote wilderness, the Piseco to wakely Dam section is full of stunning lakes and woods.

I'd love to have some company. Also, since this is a point to point hike, it's best to spot cars at each end and not have to figure out how to get a shuttle.

Let me know if you're interested.

David

DuctTape
07-15-2013, 09:33
I will be starting the 20th at Benson going all the way to Placid arriving the 27th. So I will be right behind you.

adkphoto
07-15-2013, 09:56
Awesome! Have a great hike!

David

rockroot=:-(
07-15-2013, 12:20
Have a great hike!!!
I too will be in the Adirondacks this weekend car camping with family at Lake Harris Campground in Newcomb. I get out of Baltimore when it is forecasted to be 102 and head up north to low 70's and mid 40's at night. Oh yes!!!!!!!!

JollyGreen
07-15-2013, 13:47
Have a great hike!!!
I too will be in the Adirondacks this weekend car camping with family at Lake Harris Campground in Newcomb. I get out of Baltimore when it is forecasted to be 102 and head up north to low 70's and mid 40's at night. Oh yes!!!!!!!!

It's hot up that way now, 88*ish, maybe a cold front's coming in this weekend?

Crawfish
07-15-2013, 20:58
I would love to go but i will be hiking up Marshall this weekend in the Adirondacks. Have a safe and good hike.

desmobob
07-16-2013, 06:28
Hi Everyone -

Planning a section hike of the Northville-Placid Trail this coming weekend July 19 - 21. Approximately a 32 mile stretch of this awesome trail through some very remote wilderness, the Piseco to wakely Dam section is full of stunning lakes and woods.

I'd love to have some company. Also, since this is a point to point hike, it's best to spot cars at each end and not have to figure out how to get a shuttle.

Let me know if you're interested.

David

Darn... I'm working Saturdays this month or I'd try to get a three-day weekend and join you. I've been itching to get out on that trail.

Enjoy your hike,
desmobob

adkphoto
07-24-2013, 14:13
Had a great hike on the NP trail. For anyone that hasn't done this section, I highly recommend it. The scenery is fantastic, and the trail conditions are very good. The West Canada Lakes area is one of the most beautiful places in the Adirondacks.

David