PDA

View Full Version : MA>"Boston">July 17, '13

Knotty
07-15-2013, 20:48
I'm attending a business function in Boston Wednesday night and rather than get a hotel, can anyone recommend a place to hang afterwards. Preferably within an hour to an hour and a half of Boston and not too far off the route back to NJ, so along either 95 or 90.

Thanks!

jerzybears
07-15-2013, 21:02
Contact Skypainter he lives in Boston.

SkyPainter
07-16-2013, 16:49
I'm attending a business function in Boston Wednesday night and rather than get a hotel, can anyone recommend a place to hang afterwards. Preferably within an hour to an hour and a half of Boston and not too far off the route back to NJ, so along either 95 or 90.

Thanks!

====> Hi Knotty! Harold Parker State Forest. Hammock friendly, right near 95 to head back to NJ. You can book a site through RESERVE AMERICA. Close to an REI store as well! I will be out of town Wed, but if I manage to get back in time, I will let you know. Maybe we can meet-up for dinner. If it is early enough, I can grab some gear and hang with you for a night or so!

EDIT: Just reread your post...oops! Well book/hang during the day then. PM me, I give you my phone number, in case.
~ SkyPainter

Knotty
07-16-2013, 17:00
Thanks SkyPainter. That location looks perfect.

Would definitely enjoy the company but my event is from 5:30 - 8:30 near Fenway, so dinner is, unfortunately, not an option.

If I can get a reservation at Harold Parker I'll stop there on my way to Boston to check in and hang my hammock. I'll PM you so we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Knotty
07-19-2013, 22:01
Thanks again to SkyPainter, and his daughter Ewok, for meeting me at the site and providing some local knowledge. Unfortunately events conspired to keep them from staying the night.

It was a hot one with temps hitting 100°F during the day and staying in the 80’s with virtually no air movement through the night. Still, the location was beautiful and it was nice to get out.