PDA

View Full Version : Warbonnet Big Mambajamba

ibigler5
03-11-2009, 21:47
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if its any good?

Mustardman
03-11-2009, 22:03
I have it and like it quite a lot. It's nice and big and gives you plenty of coverage. The only issue I've ever had with it is a tendency to billow inward in really hard winds. A grip clip attached to the center of the tarp fixes that. As far as I know, that would be an issue with ANY large tarp in the kinds of winds I've been seeing on top of mountains.

Edit: Here's a picture of what I'm talking about as a way to fix the billowing. Perhaps someone with a maccat or other hex style tarp can chime in and say whether they've ever had to do something similar in high winds.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/8/8/4/p1040198.jpg

warbonnetguy
03-12-2009, 00:17
yes, any large tarp can push inward a foot or more in good wind, the harder the wind and the bigger the tarp the more noticeable it is. the superfly is the only hammock tarp that comes with panel pulls. i left them off the mj to keep the price competitive, but will add them if you want for a little more.

NorseAmerican
03-12-2009, 08:55
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if its any good?

I have set mine uo in the wind we have down here in FL Winter. It does bellow in a bit because that is the nature of the size, but the size and quality are great. Brandon is very helpful if you want it modified. I have the Super fly on order for winter use up north.

Coldspring
03-12-2009, 09:31
Wonder if Brandon would make these in a lighter gray color? I sure get disappointed in the lack of pull outs on my MacCat.