PDA

View Full Version : New Opinions?

Cannibal
03-12-2009, 15:43
I'm considering a DD Hammock, in part due to this little remark by Dutch.:tongueup::D

The world will not be whole until I own every hammock made and every piece of gear the can possibly be attached to it. Only then will peace reign across the land. Evil shall be replaced by good, tears will stop and laughter will proceed with boundless joy. Little boys will look up to their father and ask about the dark times. The time before Dutch owned every hammock made. The days will end that man will kill man, tornadoes swept across trailer parks, and American Idol rotted the minds of the forgotten.
I've been reading the DD subforum, but to say I'm confused is probably an understatement; which is it neo? Love it or hate it?

I'm mighty tempted to get one of their underquilts just to help justify the $50 in shipping (still think that's a scam). Not too bad of a deal getting hammock and underquilt for right around $200. But, I don't want to just waste my money either; other than that whole Dutch thing (I'm currently at 14 camping hammocks BTW ;)).

So those of you with one, would you buy another? Would you recommend one to a friend... or to an enemy? I'm leaning towards the "Camping Hammock". I get a free net-hammock too, ummmmm, yippee? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

headchange4u
03-12-2009, 15:53
My DD hammock is made of some of the sturdiest material that I have even seen in hammock construction. I will probably still be around long after global warming, meteorite crashes, and nuclear war has taken it's toll on the human race; cockroaches and the DD hammock. I really like the feel of netting. I think if I were taking someone out for the first time I would have them use the DD with a pad setup.

Cannibal
03-12-2009, 16:40
OK, thanks!
That's a perfect post for the reason behind my question. I'm trying to collect hammocks for use with my Meetup group out here. I'm getting mostly newbs who do not have set-ups, so if I want to hold overnights....I'm gonna need some hammocks! If this would be a good 'first' hanging hammock, then I'm probably sold on the idea.

Ekul
03-12-2009, 17:55
OK, thanks!
That's a perfect post for the reason behind my question. I'm trying to collect hammocks for use with my Meetup group out here. I'm getting mostly newbs who do not have set-ups, so if I want to hold overnights....I'm gonna need some hammocks! If this would be a good 'first' hanging hammock, then I'm probably sold on the idea.

^^ gear ***** and you like it as do we. give us some reports :laugh:. I always look forward to what you have to say about gear. Ill go ahead and /peer pressure and twist arm.

Dutch
03-12-2009, 18:28
I like the DD but I never take it hiking b/c it is too heavy. I've been thinking of selling it b/c it also takes up too much room in my hammock bin. I'm afraid it might roll over on my BB and wrinkle it or bend my tri-ring. I have rethought my biogtry of trailerpark crushing tornadoes. Sometimes I root for the tornado.

Cannibal
03-12-2009, 18:46
I like the DD but I never take it hiking b/c it is too heavy. I've been thinking of selling it b/c it also takes up too much room in my hammock bin. I'm afraid it might roll over on my BB and wrinkle it or bend my tri-ring. I have rethought my biogtry of trailerpark crushing tornadoes. Sometimes I root for the tornado.
I always root for the tornado. Now that I don't live in Kansas that is.;) There is a reason I left that state in the early 90s...tornadoes.

If you think anymore about selling that DD, give me a holler.

chiefams
03-12-2009, 18:59
you could also feel out any interest in a group buy...

Cannibal
03-12-2009, 19:00
What?
Cool! asimmons4 is putting together a group buy!:lol:

chiefams
03-12-2009, 21:28
i dont think so... <---- poor college student... sorry

Andy2112
03-17-2009, 07:31
I'm considering a DD Hammock, in part due to this little remark by Dutch.:tongueup::D

I've been reading the DD subforum, but to say I'm confused is probably an understatement; which is it neo? Love it or hate it?

I'm mighty tempted to get one of their underquilts just to help justify the $50 in shipping (still think that's a scam). Not too bad of a deal getting hammock and underquilt for right around $200. But, I don't want to just waste my money either; other than that whole Dutch thing (I'm currently at 14 camping hammocks BTW ;)).

So those of you with one, would you buy another? Would you recommend one to a friend... or to an enemy? I'm leaning towards the "Camping Hammock". I get a free net-hammock too, ummmmm, yippee? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Here's a link for a little diy under blanket, thought you might like a look ?

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37321

cheers

Andy