PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail NB Summer 2014!

Daddyjoker84
07-20-2013, 03:12
Ok all I know that it is a ways away but I am looking for a group of hangers that would be interested in tackling 133-206 miles of the AT in the summer of 2014. I am unable to do it this summer due to the fact that I am in the middle of southwest Asia sweating my *** off defending freedoms of people back home in the grand US of A. I am looking to get a group of people that seriously want to take on a section of the Appalachian Trail starting at Springer Mountain GA. Hopefully there are some people out there that are up for the challenge, I figure if we start planning now our game plan would be solid by the time the trip actually rolls around.

FireInMyBones
07-22-2013, 12:46
What time frame are you looking at? Early Summer or late? Do you have a beginning date in mind? Are you looking at a particular goal for daily mileage?I might be able to join you for a week, but that entirely depends.

Daddyjoker84
07-26-2013, 01:44
It really all just depends, im looking at an average of 10 miles and that would be at worst. I plan on doing from springer mountain to Gatlinburg. It will probably be late May early June that was its not blazing hot just yet and not freezing cold either

TheRagingDead
03-14-2014, 15:18
Starting Thru-hike June 8th and hiking NOBO from Georgia but only doing half the trail due to college in the fall. Looking for some people to go with.

MrPopper
03-15-2014, 17:41
So we are looking how many days to hike those miles. I'd have to get a bunch if shifts covered and depending on dates, i could maybe do it. My wife may even let me go. We live in maryville. I'd be potentially able.

Dog
03-22-2014, 19:26
Thanks for your service. I completed Springer to Fontana Dam last year and will hike from Fontana to Erwin, Tn the last week of May and the first week of June.

Daddyjoker84
04-11-2014, 20:59
Ok update I am thinks the last two weeks of July. Anyone with me?

Tuck
04-14-2014, 19:41
Ok update I am thinks the last two weeks of July. Anyone with me?

I might be able to join you for that. Well, at least for the first week. Let me check the calendar and talk to my wife.

Daddyjoker84
04-14-2014, 19:43
Sounds good brother I am trying to plan all my gear and I still have never even used my hammock lol I got the eno one link system single nest hamock. Gotta get that thing out and start playing with is

FireInMyBones
04-17-2014, 07:56
My minimum mileage/day is 18 in the rain. I wish you all the best of luck. Maybe I'll see you out there briefly.