PDA

View Full Version : Idaho, sawtooths--August 3-4

pgibson
07-21-2013, 23:37
I am looking to do an overnight trip early August into some lakes in the Sawtooths. This is a scouting trip for part of the Idaho Hang in September. I want to check some of the trail and see how these lakes are both for hanging and the fishing. A section of the trail will be very steep/off trail hiking. Total mileage is probably less than 5.

I am driving up in the evening Friday camping either near Stanley lake in the campground or close to there. Saturday early hit the trail. Sunday hike out and head for home.

Hoping for one or more folks to join me for a little short hike and hang. Carpool from Mt Home or Boise is an option to save on gas $.

Post if you can join.

SnrMoment
07-22-2013, 22:27
:crying I'd be there if it were the week after. Have to be in Bozeman that week for Mrs. Moment's art show

pgibson
07-29-2013, 11:25
Bump. Headed up Friday afternoon, might night hike in a mile or two. Hate staying in campgrounds this time of year.

dblhmmck
07-29-2013, 11:41
That sounds like a a fun time, I wish I could make it. I've sure been thinking of the Sawtooths since the trip in through Redfish Lake almost two years ago. It was my first introduction to Tenkara, and a beautiful place to do some hiking, hanging, and fishing.

Have a great time!