PDA

View Full Version : Re-whipping worth it?

KMACK
03-14-2009, 10:04
Other than a marginal weight savings is there any benifit to removing the stock end cordage on my double ENO and re-whip the ends as discribed by Jeff in his Tothewoods web site? Has any one tried this or is it a simple case of...if it aint broke, dont fix it?

Cannibal
03-14-2009, 10:54
I replaced the cord in one of my ENOs, but no real benefit. I was just bored one day.

Raven-US
03-15-2009, 08:16
I replaced the cord in one of my ENOs, but no real benefit. I was just bored one day.

You kill me! :lol:

gRaFFiX
03-28-2009, 00:49
You know I have a singlenest and I've been wondering if I should change out the suspension to a ring setup. I just cant seem to get the sag right all the time with the slap straps.

opie
04-03-2009, 20:48
You know I have a singlenest and I've been wondering if I should change out the suspension to a ring setup. I just cant seem to get the sag right all the time with the slap straps.

I ordered my hammocks with the slap straps. I set up one evening and ended up, eventually, on the ground. I sold the slap straps, albeit at a bit of a loss, and ordered some straps from strapworks.com and switched over to a ring set-up.