PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pictures and categorizing them

Schneiderlein
03-14-2009, 22:35
I am trying to upload a bunch of pictures to my gallery and am having some troubles.

I tried My Stuff -> Category Admin -> Add category thinking I could group them together as they are all from the same trip. Everything works well, except the list box for the parent category does not contain any entries, and when I click on create category, I get the message that I have to specify a parent category.

So, I thought this may not work and tried to upload them separately. Under the image upload, I can select a category, but the list box does not contain an entry for trip reports. The list box is somewhat strange and ends in the entry Warnonnet (this is not a typo on my part, it is spelled this way in the list box). The list box does not contain any other manufacturers.

What am I doing wrong? I am using Firefox on linux, if that matters.

Schneiderlein
03-15-2009, 00:42
I figured out that what I really wanted to do is create an album.

Still, the image category thing is strange. Maybe some admin can fix the spelling for Warbonnet?

attroll
03-15-2009, 07:03
Right now we do not have the settings turned on for users to create sub categories. I will need to discuss this with AngrySparrow and see if this is something we want to do. I don't want it to turn into a nightmare.

ricegravy
03-15-2009, 09:36
I like the idea of sub categories.

Schneiderlein
03-15-2009, 13:37
Right now we do not have the settings turned on for users to create sub categories. I will need to discuss this with AngrySparrow and see if this is something we want to do. I don't want it to turn into a nightmare.

Attroll, I am not sure if users should be able to do that, either. I just did not know what the category thing was and assumed it was so users can create their own categories and group similar pictures together (exactly what the album feature lets you do).

Maybe angrysparrow could take a look at the current categories, add a few and fix the spelling for Warnonnet. There is currently no category for Trip Reports that I can see.

angrysparrow
03-15-2009, 16:44
Spelling error corrected. I'll talk to attroll and get back to you about the categories.