PDA

View Full Version : GT Double length change...113" to 126"?

Lazy Lightning
07-26-2013, 20:00
I've had a GT double for a year or so now and recently had to replace it. I ordered one from REI Outlet and another backup from Backcountry.com.

They both look the same packed and unpacked but the REI outlet one is 126" long while the Backcountry.com one is 113" long.

The Ultimate Hang's hammock comparison chart indicates 113" as the length of this hammock.

http://theultimatehang.com/2012/07/parachute-nylon-hammock-comparison-chart/

Does anyone now why I might have received such a long hammock? Did GT used to make them this long and changed or is it just a fluke?

Turtle Creek
07-26-2013, 20:42
Sounds like they are making a change and REI burned through inventory first.

Try them both out and let us know which one you prefer.

Lazy Lightning
07-29-2013, 00:13
The GT double has been my main hammock for a year so I know and like the 113". I hung with the 126" GT double yesterday and do enjoy a bit flatter lay with the extra length. Not sure if I prefer it though because of the extra weight. I have my 126" whoopied up and the other one may get returned so I can't give an exact weight comparison without hardware.

The thing that puzzles me is that the GT website says 126" and so do the Backcountry.com specs. I understand that an outlet hammock might vary in length due to design changes, but that potentially older one was actually 126"...the same length as the GT website currently gives. It was the brand new one at full price from Backcountry.com that was the shorter 113".

TimberbeastWaco
08-25-2014, 15:00
Sounds like they are making a change and REI burned through inventory first.

Try them both out and let us know which one you prefer.

The blue 126 Gives a better sleep although I'm having a hard time tuning it in to get out of with out the fuss, My red, mint green 113 tuned in just fine with the adj ring ridge line, and rings and straps. As you can see Squirt and I did just fine.