PDA

View Full Version : Pads Again (DNH)

Ewker
03-15-2009, 11:37
I currently use the blue pad from Wally World but have been thinking about getting a newer pad. I am looking at the pads from Ed Speer or Gossamer Gear. If you use either one of these pads why did you chose one over the other?

animalcontrol
03-15-2009, 11:43
I currently use the blue pad from Wally World but have been thinking about getting a newer pad. I am looking at the pads from Ed Speer or Gossamer Gear. If you use either one of these pads why did you chose one over the other?
I have 2 different weights of GG pads.
I bought from GG for one reason...I was already ordering something else and piggy backed the shipping costs!
As I understand it, both pads are very similar.

stretch
03-15-2009, 15:28

Which size pad do you have now?

neo
03-15-2009, 15:33

:lol:i thought you used a blow up doll in your tarp tent :Dfor a sleeping pad eddie:shades:neo

Ewker
03-15-2009, 16:34
Which size pad do you have now?

the blue pad you get at Wal Mart. It is 20 W x72 L x what ever thickness it is. I do have the SPE with the wings so I have pcs cut for it.

stretch
03-15-2009, 16:41
I also have the 20" pad and made a spe for it. My walmart also carries a 25" egg crate style pad that is of a different density. It was on sale for 9 dollars so I picked one up to test. Alone its not quite wide enough for my shoulders and elbows, but it is much warmer (for me) than the 20" version. I think its easier to handle too.

Ewker
03-15-2009, 17:03
I just like the wider ones by Gossamer gear and Speer. I think they may be warmer also and will help keep a hammock spread open

Ewker
03-17-2009, 11:05
bump it up

headchange4u
03-17-2009, 11:08
I'm a big fan of the Gossamer Gear pads. Highly recommended.

Mrprez
03-17-2009, 11:08
Does WM sell this pad anymore? Last few times I looked, I didn't see them.

animalcontrol
03-17-2009, 11:13
I just like the wider ones by Gossamer gear and Speer. I think they may be warmer also and will help keep a hammock spread open

One thing to think about with the wider pads...packability.
I have to fold my wide one in half and the roll. Unfortunately, they have some memory (not as bad as some others) and take a while to lay flat.
Food for thought

Rushthezeppelin
03-17-2009, 12:32
Does WM sell this pad anymore? Last few times I looked, I didn't see them.

Mine still had them last friday I think....I'll check for sure next time I go grocery shopping.

angrysparrow
03-17-2009, 12:41
I use a wide Speer Sleep Pad sometimes. I don't know how it compares directly to a GG one, but I've been happy with it's performance. The extra width is helpful, too.