PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Trail 9 Day Hike

odysseus
07-29-2013, 21:26
So in two days I will fly into Denver to begin a 9 day hike on the CT to mark my retirement from the Army and the beginning of my next life adventure. I'm pretty stoked about the whole trip as I've been planning this for about a year. This will be my first long trip in a while, and the first since I've taken up hanging. I can't wait to see how my WBBB and newly acquired Enlightened Equipment quilts work in the back country. It's also the first trip with my base weight down under 20lbs. After years of 80lbs kit as an infantryman, this should be fun and enjoyable. I'll let everyone know how the trip went once I return.
Happy Trails

STinGa
07-29-2013, 21:38
Welcome to the site from another Army guy. Congrats on the retirement trip, it sounds like it will be a great one.

Don't forget … without pics, it didn't happen.

STinGa

Cannibal
07-30-2013, 08:53
Need a ride from the airport?
Always happy to help another Hanger.

TallPaul
07-30-2013, 08:56
I hope we get to see some pics. Sounds like an awesome trip. Good luck!

ringtail-THFKAfood
07-30-2013, 11:05
Where are you hiking?

Cranky Bear
07-30-2013, 11:22
Good luck, be safe and enjoy your hike.

Kerflop
07-30-2013, 11:26
Yeah, let's hear some specifics... I am interested in do the CoTrail, as well...

OutandBack
08-01-2013, 10:36
So in two days I will fly into Denver to begin a 9 day hike on the CT to mark my retirement from the Army and the beginning of my next life adventure. I'm pretty stoked about the whole trip as I've been planning this for about a year. This will be my first long trip in a while, and the first since I've taken up hanging. I can't wait to see how my WBBB and newly acquired Enlightened Equipment quilts work in the back country. It's also the first trip with my base weight down under 20lbs. After years of 80lbs kit as an infantryman, this should be fun and enjoyable. I'll let everyone know how the trip went once I return.
Happy Trails

Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service.

Not sure of your plan but I will suggest you skip seg 1-5 and start at Kenosha Pass seg 6.

Nodust
08-01-2013, 11:29
Happy Trails

Have a great trip and thank you for your service.

Porch Hanger
08-01-2013, 11:44
Hoping to see some YouTube footage of this adventure.
Welcome, congrats and have fun.

Brimstone
08-24-2013, 23:56
Bumping for pics!

Chug
08-25-2013, 11:24
Bumping for pics!

Or did not happen. ;-)

SteelToe
08-27-2013, 23:52
"Bumping for pics!"

Or did not make it back...:scared: