PDA

View Full Version : All in One install on HH Safari HELP NEEDED

Yellow Lab
08-01-2013, 19:38
I just picked up a HH Safari and I am trying to install my All in One just like on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyUgwyJd6IE

PyUgwyJd6IE

The continuous loop is about 8 3/4" long. I cannot wrap it like a whoopie sling.

Can someone help me understand how to attach this? I tried to wrap it like the whoopie but cannot wrap it more that 1 time and pass the descending ring through it. Hope this makes sense. Should I run it through the hole farthest from the end and larks head it? :confused:

Help! Thanks.

SilvrSurfr
08-01-2013, 20:13
What kind of Hennessy suspension do you have? Dutch did a vid on this recently.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76896

Yellow Lab
08-01-2013, 20:17
What kind of Hennessy suspension do you have? Dutch did a vid on this recently.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76896

It is exactly the same as in the video I posted in my original post. Thanks.

Yellow Lab
08-01-2013, 21:15
Possible solution. I ran it through the first hole farthest from the end. Came through the next hole and ridge line loop and out and completed a larks head.

Hope this works.:)

dirtwheels
08-02-2013, 20:00
I just picked up a HH Safari and I am trying to install my All in One just like on this video:

The continuous loop is about 8 3/4" long. I cannot wrap it like a whoopie sling.

Can someone help me understand how to attach this? I tried to wrap it like the whoopie but cannot wrap it more that 1 time and pass the descending ring through it. Hope this makes sense. Should I run it through the hole farthest from the end and larks head it? :confused:

Help! Thanks.

I attached a continuous loop to my HH as in my crude sketch below. I think that simply putting the continuous loop thru the 2 holes in the HH could be problematic. It may cause problems by creating a compression force between the 2 holes as opposed to creating a compression force around the fabric between the holes. I would be concerned how long these would last as the HH were designed to distribute this force around the fabric rather than thru the holes in the fabric.

I would think you could pull the loop thru the 1st hole then wrap the loop around the fabric between the holes (at least 2 loops) then route the loop thru the last hole and back under the loops then over the rings then pull the slack out as shown in the video. You'd be pulling a doubled loop rather than a single strand. Hope this helps.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=2236&pictureid=20135

Yellow Lab
08-03-2013, 13:14
I attached a continuous loop to my HH as in my crude sketch below. I think that simply putting the continuous loop thru the 2 holes in the HH could be problematic. It may cause problems by creating a compression force between the 2 holes as opposed to creating a compression force around the fabric between the holes. I would be concerned how long these would last as the HH were designed to distribute this force around the fabric rather than thru the holes in the fabric.

I would think you could pull the loop thru the 1st hole then wrap the loop around the fabric between the holes (at least 2 loops) then route the loop thru the last hole and back under the loops then over the rings then pull the slack out as shown in the video. You'd be pulling a doubled loop rather than a single strand. Hope this helps.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=2236&pictureid=20135

I appreciate the info and the drawing. My issue is that I cannot get the continuous loop to wrap around the hammock more than once and have the descending ring be able to fit through it.

Here is what I did:

dirtwheels
08-03-2013, 14:34
I see your problem but am concerned the short cut may result in a short fall! Can you try pulling the loop thru the 1st hole all the way to the rings. Then manage a couple of wraps around the then back thru to loop over the rings?

If not maybe you could make longer loops? That config would bother me. The way you've got it focuses all your weight on a small cross section of the fabric rather than distributing across the entire width of the fabric. Basically the holes in the HH are termination points for the whipping which distributes the weight across the entire cross section of fabric. In my opinion you are asking for trouble. Maybe you could make dogbones? Both are equally easy with a little research. Good luck! (laboring under correct knowledge):D

I did not use the rings as I thought their weight offered little benefit vs. a whoopie or UCR. It's all about preference with hardware but we all have to deal with the stress points with best practices.

I appreciate the info and the drawing. My issue is that I cannot get the continuous loop to wrap around the hammock more than once and have the descending ring be able to fit through it.

Here is what I did:

Yellow Lab
08-03-2013, 15:12
I am thinking of getting some new loops. I don't know how to make them so I may pick them up from Whoopieslings.com. The loops listed are 12". The ones I have are about 8.5 inches. I guess I could lark's head it on the descending ring and have a spare continuous loop hanging off of it.

dirtwheels
08-03-2013, 17:42
I think you're on the right track, they will make those any length you need. I suggest taking some para cord and tying a loop to see what length you will require, if you can make 3 or 4 wraps you've duplicated the factory whipping/wraps. Three wraps with a CL will give you 6 wraps of amsteel around the hammock tail. Measure twice and order once....or something like that. Hope it works well for you!

I am thinking of getting some new loops. I don't know how to make them so I may pick them up from Whoopieslings.com. The loops listed are 12". The ones I have are about 8.5 inches. I guess I could lark's head it on the descending ring and have a spare continuous loop hanging off of it.

Yellow Lab
08-03-2013, 21:07
I think you're on the right track, they will make those any length you need. I suggest taking some para cord and tying a loop to see what length you will require, if you can make 3 or 4 wraps you've duplicated the factory whipping/wraps. Three wraps with a CL will give you 6 wraps of amsteel around the hammock tail. Measure twice and order once....or something like that. Hope it works well for you!

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate the help.

SmokeBait
08-04-2013, 06:38
Yellow Lab, I tried to find your order for the AIO system to see exactly what you ordered but did find anything under your name or email address. If the attachment loop is 8", then that is our standard system and will not work with a Hennessy hammock. When we did build them for Hennessy hammocks, we made them with a longer attachment loop. I see no reason why you couldn't attach a longer loop to the existing loop to give you the required length.

Yellow Lab
08-04-2013, 15:05
Sorry about the confusion. I purchased these from another member in the past. I'll get with you about some longer loops. Thanks for the help.