PDA

View Full Version : Looking for places to hang August 13 - 21 in the North East

BFGMofo
08-05-2013, 15:40
I have decided to ride the Harley from Virginia up through Canada around lake Ontario, out to Nova Scotia and then back to Virginia. I am looking for some places to hang on my journey, depending on weather, dates and places are as follows.

August 13 - somewhere in the Niagra Falls area
August 14 - somewhere near Montreal
August 15 - somewhere near Fredericton New Brunswick
August 16 - somewhere near Sydney Nova Scotia
August 17 - somewhere half way between Nova Scotia and Bangor Maine
August 18 - somewhere near Bangor Maine
August 19 - somewhere near Saratoga Springs NY
August 20 - somewhere near Chestnut Ridge PA

Any suggestions/guidance will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you are anywhere along my route and care to join me, let me know.

The Old Boot
08-05-2013, 20:48
Unfortunately, I can't help you with any of those destinations.

But, you'll get a better response for info if you post this in the 'Other' Trip Planning section. None of the Canadians who might be able to help would deliberately be here in the 'Northeast' US section.

I stumbled on it while looking for something to do in the Northeast so I could plan a US vacation.

BFGMofo
08-05-2013, 21:01
Thanks for the info, I will post it there. When are you thinking of heading down here? We have a large 100+ group hang being planned for October in Virginia.

The Old Boot
08-06-2013, 09:03
Thanks for the info, I will post it there. When are you thinking of heading down here? We have a large 100+ group hang being planned for October in Virginia.

I'm kinda open to timing. I had a business trip planned for September that I was turning into a work-cation. It got moved to next April so now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.

Virginia in October sounds like a good thing - I've also got my eye on a hang in Michigan in September...what to do, what to do!! My fun side says to do both, the workaholic side, not so much...:D

shrineclown
08-06-2013, 11:53
If you are going to Nova Scotia, you need to allow more time to do the upper deck. Sorry, Cabot's trail some call it. That is the most awesome part of NS. From your schedule, not enough time to do that and get where you are going unless you are iron butting it and riding 20 hours a day. High season up there, so the traffic will slow you down.

BFGMofo
08-06-2013, 12:33
No set schedule, those are just target dates. I actually have until the end of August so if there is something worth seeing, I'm in. Thanks for the info.

sunshower
08-06-2013, 13:45
That's a lot of driving between Bangor and Saratoga for 1 day.

Second Wind
08-06-2013, 21:48
Sorry, can't specifically answer your question, but have to agree with previous post - that's a lot of driving and not much time to enjoy the scenery. I drove from St. Andrews, New Brunswick to near Sydney last year, which would closely approximate your plans of Fredericton to Syndey -and that's a looooong drive. We took 2 days to get there and 2 more to get back