PDA

View Full Version : Western WA hang September 27th-29th interest thread.

Coil
08-05-2013, 23:41
Hi all,
Just spoke to Gary R about having a possible hang at his property near Ocean Shores on the weekend of September 27th. Anyone interested?

Here's info from the last hang.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70412

-Coil-

creativeKayt
08-05-2013, 23:57
We're in!!
:D :D

Mumbles
08-06-2013, 00:26
Interested. Is there a theme...?

Coil
08-06-2013, 00:58
Interested. Is there a theme...?

Not yet. Any ideas?

Mumbles
08-06-2013, 01:18
Not yet. Any ideas?

Hall of Suspended Hammock Superheroes could get some play.:D

Coil
08-06-2013, 01:45
Hall of Suspended Hammock Superheroes could get some play.:D

I like it. We'll need villains too! :D

Gary_R
08-06-2013, 11:30
you 2 are silly..

renegadepilgrim
08-09-2013, 05:31
I'll be hanging....on the Wonderland Trail...dang it. One of these days I'll make it to GaryR's place...sounds like so much fun!

mugs
08-09-2013, 22:18
I'm in....not sure about the Mrs, and the little thing.

Wolfman
08-10-2013, 14:53
I am up for this again! Hopefully I can actually make it to this hang! Not having to much luck on the last few.

My suggestion for the theme would be a NW Seafood cook-up. Salmon, clams, mussels, etc.... :boggle:

Wolfman

Gary_R
08-10-2013, 17:07
I am up for this again! Hopefully I can actually make it to this hang! Not having to much luck on the last few.

My suggestion for the theme would be a NW Seafood cook-up. Salmon, clams, mussels, etc.... :boggle:

Wolfman

Now thats a theme I could get behind! Although for some reason some people are not much into seafood???? Crazy people...
Or simplify it as Great American BBQ:)

Its ok Coil you can still come as Spiderman if you want.

If I find a way to transport a few Utility poles I will be working on a Viking Pit house out there:)

Wolfman
08-11-2013, 13:25
Hey Gary, you never did get me the size of the fire pit?? What's up with that! How am I going to bring a surprise if I don't know the size to make it! :lol:

Viking Pit House??? Sounds like FUN!

Gary_R
08-11-2013, 13:36
Hey Gary, you never did get me the size of the fire pit?? What's up with that! How am I going to bring a surprise if I don't know the size to make it! :lol:

Viking Pit House??? Sounds like FUN!

lol sorry man.. I even remember measuring it but don't recall..
Will get back to you.. and hopefully the fires bans end soon.

Gary_R
08-13-2013, 13:20
Well there is enough interest for me.. its basically the same weekend as the first hang we did there last year.. I am planning a trip up there this month sometime to clear more area and mark out areas for upcoming projects. The top half is already way different than the last time people were up there:)

Maybe its time to redo the Immersion Hang up there with a little more planning so we get it finished this time around and we have new hammocks to show!

Gary_R
08-13-2013, 20:13
Ok so lets lock this date and get to planning..

I have talked with kayt and few others and we want to redo the Immersion hang that never got finished. Doing it as a video is just to much work and unrealistic so we have a better plan of attack and can probably have a full hammock report finished shortly after the hang.. And this doesn't drop ALL of the work in the wonderful but busy Creativekayts lap.. I will with photos make a rough draft which I will pass on for edits and we can get it finished with our intended purpose..

This also allows all the Washington peeps a chance to check out almost every hammock from every brand possible in person. (we have a lot) SO if you have hammocks and you don't mind people checking them out we ask you to bring them with you and we will compile a list of what people will see. Last time I think we had like 19+ different ones and I think we have more now..

As usual all are welcome and I will be planning a weekend befor then to get some work done. Anyone is welcome to come out for that as well if you want to hang out.
We will make a official thread will all info shortly

Gary_R
08-14-2013, 19:51
Official Thread https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78022