PDA

View Full Version : Where to hang in Dallas area.

ScoutmasterDad
08-06-2013, 13:38
I will be coming to the Dallas area for a conference in September at Watermark Community Church. Thought it might be a good time to hang out the hammock. Anyone have any recommendations of a camping location for an ol' TN boy? :thumbup1:

Caveman
08-06-2013, 13:40
I'm sure some other will chime in that have a better knowledge of the immediate area, but depending on how far you want to drive...

Cross Timbers Trail at Lake Texoma is nice (just over an hour or so, but it's free and a nice place to hang)

YorickMori
08-06-2013, 14:34
there is also the lewisville lake area that you can camp (havent been to see if you can hang). only open on the weekends and there are some trails there that you can hike.

ray roberts lake has areas where you can camp (and hang i think havent been there in a long time) and about the same hour drive.

Kattelyn
08-08-2013, 08:44
To save time, I'll just say all of the state parks are good. Cedar Hill SP is in the metroplex and is where we do all of our gear testing. We live just on the other side of Joe Pool lake, so its about a 15 minute drive for us.

Cleburne, Tyler, and Meridian are all great parks. Meridian happens to be our favorite of all the state parks.. its small and quiet. There would actually be MORE places for folks to hang there than there is at Fairfield, but its out of the way and not on a major thoroughfare.