neo
08-07-2013, 21:09
:)i just orderd the new dd jungle modular hammock:cool:neo

http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd_jungle_hammock

neo
08-07-2013, 21:10

New (July 2013) DD Jungle Hammock! Please have a look at photos below.

This is our exciting new hammock which we've been working on for over a year. We wanted to make a modular hammock system that allowed the user to add or remove sections of it (such as the mosquito net and the rain cover) as required, allowing it to be as light as possible by only taking what is needed depending on the season and location you're camping in.

With the full width poles at either end this hammock is incredibly spacious and comfy once inside.

It does take a little time to get to know and we recommend you read/print the instructions prior to using it. This will allow you to get the most from it. Once you know what you're doing it is quick and easy to use and the additional features are very useful.

You have three main layers:
1. the main hammock which comes with lightweight whoopie sling suspension attached.
2. the mosquito net which is completely removable.
3. the waterproof layer (this is removable and can be used below the hammock or above the hammock as a compact tarp).
4. It also comes with full width spreader poles making the hammock very spacious (these can also be added or removed as required).

So if you are just out for the day and want a hammock you can throw in your jacket pocket, you can take just the main layer with lightweight suspension.

If camping in an area with insects you'll want to add the mosquito net which zips onto the main hammock.

The waterproof layer can be used under the hammock allowing it to be set-up as a bivi on wet ground, or it can be clipped onto the top of the hammock to be used as a tarp.
Please note the waterproof layer doesn't sit completely flush on the top (see photos) but it will stay firmly in place when tied at the ends and provides full rain protection in light wind conditions. *It is a lightweight option to using a full tarp and doesn't provide dry cover for gear/cooking, so when camping in high winds or when you want more cover at camp we recommend taking a full size tarp with you.

Please note this hammock comes with our Complete Whoopie Suspension System worth £28.

Taking off the price of the top end suspension system the hammock would be £81 - we've included the quality suspension system as we feel our top of the range hammock is best used with this system.

Weight breakdown;
Hammock + whoopie slings = 510g
Mosquito Net = 490g
Waterproof layer = 370g
Poles = 210g
Tree huggers, karabiners, elastic + bag = 220g

Please see photos for some of the set-up options this hammock offers!

We now offer additional waterproof layers for sale separately (allowing you to have one above and below the hammock when ground camping). They are in 'Hammock Accessories' on the left menu.

mattyg
08-07-2013, 23:38
looks nice im sure you will enjoy it

neo
08-08-2013, 10:16
I got an email from dd hammock this morning that my new hammock has been shipped :cool:neo

mattyg
08-08-2013, 12:49
i dig the jeep and boats, got a similar set up only my wrangler is a 94 and my boats are wilderness systems tarpons 120 and 100. hope you enjoy the new hammock

neo
08-09-2013, 02:50
I got an email from dd hammock this morning that my new hammock has been shipped :cool:neo

i just checked fedex tracking and my hammock arrived in memphis a few hours ago and it is on its way to nashville:cool:neo

neo
08-09-2013, 03:20
:)
today i will be getting my modular dd jungle hammock.i am looking forward to it:cool:neo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDN3UXOP7xE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUPcGmj3g3QIPqHo75LFYJag

neo
08-09-2013, 06:01
i just checked fedex tracking and my hammock arrived in memphis a few hours ago and it is on its way to nashville:cool:neo

wow just checked fedex again.my hammock in nashville at 5:05 am :cool:neo

Acer
08-09-2013, 06:09
Pics,,got to see some pics of theis bad boy,,as soon as you get it hung! :)

no1coycaa
08-09-2013, 10:08

Hi Neo,

You wont be disappointed.... love mine... sold my hennessy after 4 years....

Craigthor
08-09-2013, 12:44
Super interesting, would love to hear your thoughts on this once you get some time to play and set it up.

Craigthor
08-09-2013, 12:51
Also looks like total kit comes in right at 4 lbs not bad considering it has everything for a light rain day. Also,the poles are an interesting design to open the hammock up more. Will be curious with the poles pulling out if it makes it almost bridge like when laying in it as the poles should pull the hammock out slightly.

Mule
08-09-2013, 13:52
Pretty awesome Neo!

Craigthor
08-12-2013, 07:48
I emailed them last week and just got a reply, too bad they said there is no plans on offering this in Coyote Brown. I really hate green.

neo
08-12-2013, 16:42
:)I got my dd jungle modular hammock today.i hope this Thursday and Friday on bear island:cool:neo

neo
08-13-2013, 22:16
:)I will be using my new dd modular hammock Thursday.i will post plenty of pictures:cool:neo

Ewker
08-13-2013, 22:18
have fun on bear island

neo
08-16-2013, 19:12
:)pictured is my dd modular jungle hammock with my jarbridge river under quilt
I love this hammock:cool:neo

Riddled
08-18-2013, 19:59
:)pictured is my dd modular jungle hammock with my jarbridge river under quilt
I love this hammock:cool:neo
Hammock looks nice and big. I already have the jarbidge river underquilt. I just need to get that hammock lol.

campcrafter
08-21-2013, 13:20
how does it compare to the Frontline as far a the lay?

whats suspension are you using?

neo
08-21-2013, 19:41
how does it compare to the Frontline as far a the lay?

whats suspension are you using?

it come with whoopie suspension:cool:neo

Sparkfly88
08-27-2013, 12:35
I saw their facebook page with the new hammock listed up at the top...

Now I see it on the forum, this thing looks pretty amazing.

I hope they update the frontline to this spec.

I really like this new shape the circular poles give it.

I just bought my frontline in March, now they come out with a new model:rolleyes:

neo
08-28-2013, 20:56
I saw their facebook page with the new hammock listed up at the top...

Now I see it on the forum, this thing looks pretty amazing.

I hope they update the frontline to this spec.

I really like this new shape the circular poles give it.

I just bought my frontline in March, now they come out with a new model:rolleyes:

I have 2 frontline hammocks and the original style dd hammock.they are all good:cool:neo

neo
08-31-2013, 10:02
:)my dd modular jungle hammock with rain fly deployed:cool:neo

neo
10-02-2013, 11:09
:)a short video of my dd modular jungle hammock with my jarbridge river uq and my wilderness logics big daddy 12 tarp on bear island:cool:neo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUipR_6Mez0