PDA

View Full Version : New owner question

toddkmiller
03-19-2009, 09:17
Just received my BB and was spreading it out on the floor when I noticed (2) white lengths of shock cord with loops on the end. I assume these are for the side tie outs but I was wondering exactly how they are to be attached and staked. Thanks in advance.

Cannibal
03-19-2009, 09:23
Super easy! One end has a loop; that goes around the stake. The cordlock sets the tension; just move it up or down. The metal ring is what acts as a brake against the cordlock and allows the tension. That's it; a clip and a zip.

DeShazo
03-19-2009, 09:31
I tried mine out for the first time last night. I just put a stake on each side and adjusted the shock cord length to accommodate so it would be somewhat taught. You can also unzip it all the way from end to end and flip it over to the side without the zipper and tie off both sides opposite the zipper. this way it is open to sit in with your feet out the side like a chair or lay in without the mosquito netting. Here is a great video by Shug showing what to do with the shock cords and more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxevtxnkmkk

warbonnetguy
03-19-2009, 11:34
i pack them with both pieces in one cordlock so i can toss them inside the hammock for packing, just remove the one that's tip end is barely in the cordlock, it's for the other side.

just thread the loop end through the small metal ring and then hook it over the top of the stake. adjust the cordlock that should seat right behind the small ring. you want medium tension on the shockcord

toddkmiller
03-19-2009, 11:53
Easy when you know how. Thanks all for all the quick replys. I'm impressed by what I've seen so far and I'm looking forward to a night in the BB this weekend.