PDA

View Full Version : What WL tarp would you recommend...

ducninja79
08-21-2013, 08:58
I have a ten day trip coming up the middle of next month in Pisgah and my 65 lb pit is coming along. Right now the tad pole is my only tarp. I was thinking with the weather unknown that far out maybe I should pick up another tarp with more coverage for me and the dog? I was hoping maybe someone with more experience could recommend me a WL tarp option or would the tad pole be sufficient enough?

Bubba
08-21-2013, 09:01
The Old Man Winter tarp would give you and your pup plenty of coverage. Having doors in bad weather is a definite plus.

Mountain Gout
08-21-2013, 09:06
Well....They do have the door kit option now for the mighty tadpole....:shades:

Caveman
08-21-2013, 10:40
The tadpole has kept me and Reggie (my boxer) dry in quite a few pretty good storms. If you want crazy coverage, then the Old Man Winter is nice, but you should be fine with what you have now.

Mountnman
08-21-2013, 10:49
The Old Man Winter tarp would give you and your pup plenty of coverage. Having doors in bad weather is a definite plus.

+1 Old man winter is a great tarp

spaceweaseal
08-21-2013, 14:01
The Bullfrog will give you tons of room and can be set up in many different ways.

ducninja79
08-21-2013, 14:07
So I just broke down and ordered a 3/4 underquilt and the Old man winter tarp from WL. The more I thought about it the better I felt with the idea of the larger tarp.The ability to create more of an enclosure just seemed like a better idea for the pup's first big trip and I love cold weather camping so it'll definitely see some use. I do love that tad pole and I'll have that set of doors eventually I'm sure. Just hope they are still on sale when I get around to it! Thanks for the input guys.

Caveman
08-21-2013, 14:29
You won't regret it. It's a great tarp.

flatline
08-23-2013, 04:56
The OMW will give maximum coverage and lots of room. Very close behind is the Bull Frog.
Both can be set up with one side pulled down to the ground and the other side set higher or in porch mode, to give snug but very ample coverage.
Either is a great choice.
The OMW (imho) is a better snow tarp, but I have yet to take my BF out in winter weather.
All WL gear is crafted with the same quality and skill as your Tad Pole, so you really can't go wrong.

pravenda
08-27-2013, 05:17
Hi, over there from old Europe,

OMW Tarp 144'', Skins and LST had arrived today. I was wondering about all the guys talking about echo or a cavern: But I like to confirm working as a minister of a reformed parish:
This Tarp is Just a little smaller compared to chapels I am working in. Great stuff!!!! OWL,Thank You very,very much. I like to recommend this tarp for any kind of heavy duty hiking.

ducninja79
09-05-2013, 16:48
Finally got out to test out my OMW and underquilt I got last week. Thanks to Marty and WL for all the awesome gear! Definently loving every bit of it! (also a pic of the Tad Pole set up)

olddog
09-05-2013, 17:55
Just put my Tadpole thru 2 months of 24/7 while in Maine this summer. Probably more exposure than most get in a lifetime of use. It was in porch mode the entire time and the first 3 weeks it rained almost daily. Looks as good as the day I received it Never had a drop of rain on the hammock or net.