PDA

View Full Version : Fall MAHHA this year?

SkyPainter
08-21-2013, 10:33
===> I know I am old and not all there, but I can't seem to find any Fall MAHHA dates or location! Spring hang is on the calendar already, but any Fall MAHHA info?

~ SkyPainter The Perpetually Confused

WV
08-21-2013, 10:59
The proposed site fell through, and another is being sought. Dutch is looking at two possibilities for us. Happy Camper said she expects an announcement this week. Glad you're interested. :)

SkyPainter
08-21-2013, 11:04
The proposed site fell through, and another is being sought. Dutch is looking at two possibilities for us. Happy Camper said she expects an announcement this week. Glad you're interested. :)

===> Thanks, WV! Whew! Then I am not quite as crazy as I thought! I will wait and search for any updates.

~ SkyPainter

HappyCamper
08-29-2013, 20:02
Fall MAHHA information here (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78813).

JollyGreen
08-29-2013, 20:59
===> I know I am old and not all there, but I can't seem to find any Fall MAHHA dates or location! Spring hang is on the calendar already, but any Fall MAHHA info?

~ SkyPainter The Perpetually Confused

It's a loooong ways from Mass

WV
08-30-2013, 16:14
It's a loooong ways from Mass
In 1982 I traveled from Boston MA to Pocahontas County, WV. It took me about 15 minutes to decide I wanted to live here. :)

VegaMike
08-30-2013, 18:21
:laugh: Haha, WV, you crack me up!

Deadphans
08-31-2013, 07:36
I love that part of the country.

HappyCamper
08-31-2013, 07:45
It's an absolutely beautiful area!

And thanks to the many MAHHA volunteers we already have 2 meal gatherings (Sat. Dutch breakfast and Sat. potluck dinner), a Sat. campsite tour of interesting and new DIY and vendor hammocks. We've got Sat. demos on splicing, making your own caldera cone, camp stove comparisons, and flint knapping. And Saturday evening the ever so famous JRB Raffle. Plus on Friday a formal class on Leave No Trace camping. Schedule of Events HERE. (http://lnt.org/learn/7-principles).

My favorite part is always the meet and greet throughout the weekend. MAHHAs really are great. And this one is in a new and wonderful place. (May lovely Gathland rest in peace. We will always miss ye. :) )

jerzybears
09-01-2013, 20:15
We can't make that happen during the school year. 458 miles. Just too far for us. Have fin, we will miss you all. Sigh.

SkyPainter
09-05-2013, 19:29
===> too many cool new hangs here in New England. Will have to pass on the MAHHA this year but will definitely make one soon!

~ SkyPainter