PDA

View Full Version : We'll see...

swankfly
08-27-2013, 11:29
Emailed Brian yesterday about the MacCat Deluxe. He responded and answered my questions that afternoon. I placed my order last night about 10:00 PM. I will keep you posted. I ordered the brown and asked him to seam seal it, so I am guessing that should add some time to the order.

I will keep you updated as it progresses.

Bubba
08-27-2013, 11:39
A couple of years ago I ordered a tarp and got it in less than a month. Considering it was cross border, that was a pretty good time frame. Hope you get it sooner rather than later. Good luck!

Matty427
08-27-2013, 12:23
Did you contact him using the web form or his direct email address? I was never able to get a reply from him. I too ordered my deluxe seam sealed this month and it took a week to be shipped out to me.

swankfly
08-27-2013, 12:32
I emailed him directly. If mine goes out in a week, I will be ecstatic.

Matty427
08-27-2013, 12:36
Haha - I felt like a kid on Christmas seeing that shipment email so quickly! Hope you enjoy it - can't wait to get mine. It's currently in transit from NH to NC!

bschap1
08-27-2013, 13:02
i think mine took about two weeks. seam sealed. love it. hang in there

JollyGreen
08-27-2013, 19:16
Haha - I felt like a kid on Christmas seeing that shipment email so quickly! Hope you enjoy it - can't wait to get mine. It's currently in transit from NH to NC!

He is in NH now?

Matty427
08-27-2013, 21:18
No - sorry - that was just the latest stop according to the tracking number at the time.

swankfly
08-31-2013, 08:45
Status update,

Initially, We traded emails, I was informed he had a Maccat Deluxe Brown in stock and could ship tomorrow. I ordered it with seam sealing and expected it to take some time to seam seal. We had some emails cross and certainly not to place any blame on OES, he notified me via email that he was out of stock of the deluxe and it would be 1.5-2 weeks lead time including seam sealing. I missed that email and placed the order anyway. I was wondering about the order because I hadn't received a shipping notice yesterday. Looking thru the emails I found his stating the lead time. I sent Brian an email stating I missed that one and might have changed the order knowing so. We switched the order to an Ultra last night and it shipped this morning. He offered to make the change at no additional charge also. I offered to split he difference between the two tarps.

It is amazing how different the stories are about experiences with this company. My experience with OES and Brian have been exceptional. All of my correspondence has been thru direct email. I did send one thru his websites contact form that was unanswered so this may be the breakdown in communication some have experienced.

My new brown seam sealed MacCat Ultra should be here Wednesday. Not too bad at all for our cottage vendors, in fact pretty impressive. When I receive it, will post some pics.

Craigthor
08-31-2013, 12:14
Status update,

Initially, We traded emails, I was informed he had a Maccat Deluxe Brown in stock and could ship tomorrow. I ordered it with seam sealing and expected it to take some time to seam seal. We had some emails cross and certainly not to place any blame on OES, he notified me via email that he was out of stock of the deluxe and it would be 1.5-2 weeks lead time including seam sealing. I missed that email and placed the order anyway. I was wondering about the order because I hadn't received a shipping notice yesterday. Looking thru the emails I found his stating the lead time. I sent Brian an email stating I missed that one and might have changed the order knowing so. We switched the order to an Ultra last night and it shipped this morning. He offered to make the change at no additional charge also. I offered to split he difference between the two tarps.

It is amazing how different the stories are about experiences with this company. My experience with OES and Brian have been exceptional. All of my correspondence has been thru direct email. I did send one thru his websites contact form that was unanswered so this may be the breakdown in communication some have experienced.

My new brown seam sealed MacCat Ultra should be here Wednesday. Not too bad at all for our cottage vendors, in fact pretty impressive. When I receive it, will post some pics.

It is interesting as when I was tarp shopping I sent him a direct email and one through his site and never got a reply. Seems as though replies are randomly selected as to which will be dealt with.

swankfly
09-03-2013, 15:15
Pretty darn fast shipping especially with a holiday and a change of order thrown in there. I placed the order 08/26 around 10pm, changed the order 08/31 he seam sealed it and I have it today 09/3. Brian returned every email except one sent through his website contact page and even offered to eat the difference of my indecisiveness when ordering. Pretty darn good customer service.

Just hung it up, schweeet! Here is what I like. Pitches nice and tight, like the Superfly. Of course larger than my tadpole, 12" on the sidewalls (which I was always quietly concerned it wasn't quite long enough for my 11' hammock(I had the 132"RL, great for the WBBB). Comparing to the Superfly, it is 12" longer on the ridge line and 16" shorter on the sides. I think it is a perfect summer tarp, great coverage and great ventilation. I love the dark brown color. Finally, I have the perfect rig, right? No more shopping.....yeah right!

Kudos Brian! High quality gear and fantastic customer service!

P.S. It has a center guy point on each side, I doubt I will use unless I get caught in a nasty blow.

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/2/1/4/3/6/imag0484.jpg (https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=21769&c=member&orderby=title&direction=ASC&imageuser=21436&cutoffdate=-1)

gunner76
09-05-2013, 18:41
I also tried to contact OES a couple of months ago and I am still waiting for a reply.

Rain Man
09-05-2013, 20:08
Pretty darn fast shipping especially with a holiday and a change of order thrown in there. ... Pretty darn good customer service.

Just hung it up, schweeet! Here is what I like. Pitches nice and tight.... I think it is a perfect summer tarp, great coverage and great ventilation. I love the dark brown color. Finally, I have the perfect rig, right? No more shopping.....yeah right!

Kudos Brian! High quality gear and fantastic customer service!

P.S. It has a center guy point on each side, I doubt I will use unless I get caught in a nasty blow.

Agreed. That was my experience in ordering a MacCat Deluxe a couple of years ago. I find that I use the center point pull on each side every time. Gives me a lot more room underneath.

Rain Man

nothermark
09-05-2013, 20:16
Folks need to factor in that Brian graduated and joined the working world about 2 years ago. That entailed a move from Rochester, NY to the Boston area, getting settled into the new location, new job and trying to maintain the business. Obviously there were problems. Let's hope he has them sorted out by now.

optimator
09-14-2013, 00:06
I've bought 2 or 3 tarps from Brian in the last year. Nothing but stellar service. I just wish I hadn't sold my black micro :crying

gibbsg60
09-17-2013, 06:50
I placed an order with Brian 1 Sept, it shipped 9 Sept, and I received it today. It probably took a little longer because I'm one of those APO guys. Anyway, Brian helped me pick a tarp out and answered all of my questions. I had zero issues doing business with Brian. Looking forward to using my new tarp and placing another order!

swankfly
09-17-2013, 07:27
Looks like he has turned a corner. I am still very pleased with mine. I think I have one more tarp in my future....probably going to spread the love. I have a couple Equinox's, Kelty 16, WL tadpole, WBSfly, and a MacCat Ultra. I will be looking in the spring for another...hmmm HG, AHE or Zpack...who is it going to be?