PDA

View Full Version : NY>Adirondacks>Northville Placid Trail>October

adkphoto
08-28-2013, 20:21
Hi Folks -

I have about a 60 mile stretch of the Northville-Placid Trail to finish up this year from Wakely Dam to Placid. Going to do it in a leisurely five days, either the first or second week of October (leaning toward the first for best foliage).

I'd love to have some company. Let me know if you are interested and we can work out the logistics.

David

DuctTape
08-28-2013, 20:37
I would have joined you for part but a bunch of us from the adkforum are getting together that first weekend in October for a casual gathering.

12trysomething
09-14-2013, 15:46
Is the trip still planned for you? This is the last section of the trail I have left. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to join you but I would be very interested in a trip report as I am planning this exact hike in the spring.

Thanks and enjoy!

NY_Rocking_Chairs
09-17-2013, 05:08
Oh, we just did the Upper Benson to Piseco section and we are planning the WD going north section for next year. Unfortunately the only section I need to complete to catch up to my hiking friends is Piseco to WD. Good luck!

adkphoto
09-17-2013, 11:19
@12trysomething - yes, I'm still planning on doing this hike. I'll gladly post a review for you. If planning a hike in the spring, try to get out before the black flies. They can be brutal.

@NY_rocking_chairs - Piseco to Wakely is an awesome hike. If you have the time, spend a night near the West Canada Lakes. IMHO It's one of the most beautiful places in the Adirondacks.

David

12trysomething
10-11-2013, 09:31
I wonder if he is on the trail at this moment? Great weather the past week if he was.

CallMeIshmael
10-24-2013, 22:19
I'm coming wwwwwaaaaayyyyy late to this, but I'd like to do this trip one of these days, and would love to link up with any NY folk (or, y'know, people who wanna travel to NY).

DuctTape
10-25-2013, 03:49
I'm coming wwwwwaaaaayyyyy late to this, but I'd like to do this trip one of these days, and would love to link up with any NY folk (or, y'know, people who wanna travel to NY).

I hike the entire trail almost every year. I'll join you if you are in need of a hiking partner.

hk2001
10-25-2013, 09:39

I'm constantly planning to do this trail, and always end up having to nix it because of various reasons.

I haven't gotten any real hiking in the last 18 months since my thyroid radiation treatment.. But I'd love to actually make this happen at some point.

adkphoto
10-28-2013, 08:02
Well, I didn't end up doing the last half of the NPT this fall. Had trouble organizing a ride back, so I spent some time in the high peaks with spectacular foliage and weather! I'll try again in the spring.

David

12trysomething
02-18-2014, 22:36
Bringing this back to life...As I said earlier in this post, I have the same section to do - finishing the trail with my buddy. It looks like Memorial weekend (a bit longer) is when we are going. Start on Saturday and hike to Placid...

Anyone else going before, after, during?

NY_Rocking_Chairs
02-19-2014, 06:54
I might be interested. I have everything north of Jessup River to do at some point.

adkphoto
02-19-2014, 20:22
I'm interested .