PDA

View Full Version : WTB good trail/bushcraft knife

TravelPro
09-29-2013, 12:38
WTB a good general bush/woods/camp knife, 5 to 7 inch long fixed blade (no folders, please). Looking for Becker BK2 or BK7, Ka Bar's, Ontario RBS/RD/SP series 6 or 7 inch lengths, Gerber Prodigy or LMF, etc.
Weight's not a factor. I can paypal. Shipping would be to the East Coast (CONUS).
PM me and let me know what you have. Thanks!

thedavil
09-29-2013, 19:12
I've got a carbon steel Mora lying around. I could do 15 shipped on it. Great knife, I just switched to a stainless model. I've had most of those knives and unless you're using it as a pry bar, the mora is just as functional & lighter (I realize that's not a factor here, but worth a mention.)

gnar
09-29-2013, 19:15
WTB a good general bush/woods/camp knife, 5 to 7 inch long fixed blade (no folders, please). Looking for Becker BK2 or BK7, Ka Bar's, Ontario RBS/RD/SP series 6 or 7 inch lengths, Gerber Prodigy or LMF, etc.
Weight's not a factor. I can paypal. Shipping would be to the East Coast (CONUS).
PM me and let me know what you have. Thanks!

I have an LMF 2, its a little beat up but still very fuctional. mostly just the black coating coming off the blade a bit, and lil rubber peeled back on handle. $60

hk2001
09-29-2013, 19:16
and for a knife in the 7" range, look at a cold steel bushman.

it gets picked over my ESEE, BK-7, and kabar. It does everything I've ever asked of it, and is only like $25 new.

I have yet to get one in the new sheaths with the ferro rod, but it's on my list :cool:

quietmike
09-29-2013, 21:25
I've got a Rat knives TAK in D2, unused I could sell for$50.

oruacat2
09-29-2013, 23:58
I sent you a PM earlier today re: a Gerber LMF II.

Corncob
09-30-2013, 08:00
I've got an ESEE 4, about 1/2 inch shorter than you said you were looking for, but a beast of a knife for it's size. It's the ESEE-4P-MB, Black Plain Edge Blade & Grey Linen Micarta Handle w/ Kydex and detachable MOLLE Back.

It's almost mint, been carried around in the backseat of my truck strapped to the MOLLE backpack for about 6 months, and I've only used it once to open a troublesome bag of chips.

PM me if you're interested.