PDA

View Full Version : Dangerbird down!

yooz85
10-07-2013, 17:59
Well kinda of, when I got home from a trip I left my hammock out (in the stuff sack) and my cat decided to use it as a scratching post! At one of the suspension ends there is few tiny holes! I love this hammock and it will have to be replaced, when i get the funds together that is.

Thanks Randy for an excellent product and great service, that's why I will be a repeat customer!

On a positive note there is a lot usable components that can be salvaged and used on one of my other hammocks.

Freon
10-07-2013, 18:12
Yikes! Time to declaw the cat!

grannypat
10-07-2013, 19:44
I'm sure the dangerbird was running wild in the house and the cat merely subdued it.

dragon383
10-08-2013, 06:11
You do know how cats love birds! sorry to hear about your loss

Cali
10-08-2013, 06:27
Maybe Randy can repair it in some way since the holes are at one end. Maybe the hammock can be shortened a little. I know this hammock has the netting and top cover and may cost more to repair than to replace, but it is worth checking into.

sr1355
10-08-2013, 06:30
What is fabric weight? Single or Dbl layer? Check with Randy and see if he is concerned, unless of course you just need another hammock and this can be used as a "Spare"...;)

Singingcrowsings
10-08-2013, 09:59
Oh no! But I agree, perhaps it can be patched up somehow? Don't give up just yet!

tansey
10-08-2013, 10:09
I had my girlfriend zig zag a piece of the same material over a 2" abraded tear in my hammock and i trust it completely, slept in it bout 10 times and no change in the repaired area. kinda grown to like that patch and its looks:) good luck

yooz85
10-08-2013, 16:19
well on further inspection of the holes, they are tiny like needle tiny. I massaged the material over the holes and they seemed to close up. I'm gonna set it up and bounce around a bit and see if there is a change to the area. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

BTW the body is a 1.1 single layer.

sr1355
10-08-2013, 19:45
well on further inspection of the holes, they are tiny like needle tiny. I massaged the material over the holes and they seemed to close up. I'm gonna set it up and bounce around a bit and see if there is a change to the area. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

BTW the body is a 1.1 single layer.

I think you should properly retire this hammock by mailing to me for disposal. Then contact DH for a brand new replacement hammock...:D

yooz85
10-08-2013, 20:28
I think you should properly retire this hammock by mailing to me for disposal. Then contact DH for a brand new replacement hammock...:D

That made me giggle. When i get a chance to set it up ill let everyone know how it goes.

Geck0
10-10-2013, 12:20
Or send him the cat!

yooz85
10-11-2013, 21:12
Or send him the cat!

My fiance would probably put holes in all my hammocks if i do that:eek:

No matter at least i have plenty of spares!

PapaSmurf
10-15-2013, 11:56

Are there any broken fibers or did the fibers just seperate a little around the tiny holes?

A while back, I discovered a small hole in a double layer hammock (maybe 1/4" diameter).
I was able to repair it with a tube of Seam Grip from JRB http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/mcnett-seam-grip/

I still have 99% of this tube left if you want to give it a try, just get ahold of me and I'll send it to you.