PDA

View Full Version : Two day loop hikes.

SmokyMtnHiker
10-08-2013, 16:04
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good 2 day loop hikes in either Illinois or Indiana. Looking to do a 2 day hike this upcoming spring '14. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

mountainhanger
10-08-2013, 16:52
Hey there Smokey, Check out Deam wilderness in the hoosier national forest, right outside of bloomington indiana. also check out the two lakes loop in southern indiana and the adventure trail. I am also thinking of the lowgap trail in morgan monroe state forest.. alot of these early springs have water but you gotta keep up to date on these.. there is also a forest in southern illinois..shawnee i believe..one trip not to far into kentucky is the mamoth cave national park...that was a very good trip for me..good luck!

eviscerate3
10-08-2013, 18:26
Sand ridge state forest is about 40 mikes south of Peoria, il. Has quite a few miles of trails but limited water.......oh yeah, and its all sand! Loose sand at that. I am planning on hiking there in April. I figure if I don't have time to go far I can still make it hard!

Paint
10-09-2013, 14:26
Hey there Smokey, Check out Deam wilderness in the hoosier national forest, right outside of bloomington indiana. also check out the two lakes loop in southern indiana and the adventure trail. I am also thinking of the lowgap trail in morgan monroe state forest.. alot of these early springs have water but you gotta keep up to date on these.. there is also a forest in southern illinois..shawnee i believe..one trip not to far into kentucky is the mamoth cave national park...that was a very good trip for me..good luck!

Deam Wilderness is an easy one because there's usually plenty of places to find water and plenty of ways to do a loop or just a nice out and back. http://www.wilderness.net/index.cfm?fuse=NWPS&sec=wildView&wname=Charles%20C.%20Deam