PDA

View Full Version : New Gear - Tadpole, CRL with DutchWare etc.

tbird911
10-20-2013, 20:26
Hi All,

Been lurking for a while, got bit . . . got it bad.

I'm still waiting on my 11ft x 60" Dream Hammock Thunderbird in Night Grid and Olive. I'm also still waiting on my Underground Quilts 20* Zeppelin UQ. I'll do a follow-up when I get those and a after action when I get my fist Hang!

So far, I received my 12ft Black Tadpole, Midnight Glo Wire, shock-cord and some Dutch Bling.

Sunny and beautiful here in Knoxville, TN and I had time to pitch my tarp for the first time-- took 5 minutes or less.

Here's my setup:

12 ft black tadpole w/ Dutch Fly & ring at head end - Prusik Loop at tail
(2) 12 ft side pull guy lines with shock-cord
(4) 6 ft guy lines with shock-cord
50 ft CRL made from Lash It with titanium Dutch Hook at one end

The Continuous Ridge Line (CRL) allows for centering and adjustment after the hang and was done using the super simple "Hansen" method seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLupiOygs0s

The Guy Lines (Thanks Shane) are super simple made of Midnight GLO Wire with mini Line-Locs from Lawson and were constructed as mentioned here:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25052&highlight=tensioner

--So Far---

As stated, the CRL when using the method that I chose, goes up super easy and can be centered over the hammock/spot by simply sliding the line. Once the tarp is in the desired position . . .a couple of turns on the Dutch Fly and it's staying put.

I like the way Shane's tensioners/guy lines work-- super simple, no knots, can be broke free if iced or wet and with the Glo Wire-- not going anywhere.

The Tadpole is, as many feel in the forums, . . . a work of Art! The 12ft version seems really light to me (haven't weighed it yet) and I got the additional side pull on each side as well as the cord keeper pockets that are sewn into the corner just above the guy line attachment points.

More to come when the rest of my stuff gets here . . . Thanks to Dutch, Lawson, Shane, Derek Hansen and Wilderness Logics, so far you guys have me heading in the right direction!

Tbird

Turtle Creek
10-20-2013, 20:43
Hi All,

Been lurking for a while, got bit . . . got it bad.

:lol:
Tad Pole looks good strung up. The T-Bird will look good under there.

(I get it .... a Dream Hammock T-Bird for tbird911 :laugh:)

tbird911
10-20-2013, 21:25
:lol:
Tad Pole looks good strung up. The T-Bird will look good under there.

(I get it .... a Dream Hammock T-Bird for tbird911 :laugh:)

How cool is that? They named an awesome Hammock after me :)

Mountnman
10-20-2013, 21:53
Nice set up :D

Callahan
10-20-2013, 22:05
Great looking setup and a reminder to switch over to Shane's tarp tensioners on my tadpole....been meaning to get that done.

Cheers

russwestwood
10-21-2013, 02:36
Nice setup... you gonna enjoy that Thunderbird and Zeppelin for sure.. :)

Enjoy the woods..

tbird911
10-21-2013, 05:56
I'm about 2 weeks out on the hammock and 1.5 weeks out on the UQ.

I guess it's better than being at Day 0. LOL

Tbird

Caveman
10-21-2013, 11:17
Awesome start you got off to. :)

I love my tadpole and my HG UQ. I don't have any dream hammocks yet, but I've been eyeballing that roaming gnome for almost a year now, so it's only a matter of time before I bite the bullet. Enjoy the new toys!

Caveman

tbird911
10-21-2013, 11:29
Awesome start you got off to. :)

I love my tadpole and my HG UQ. I don't have any dream hammocks yet, but I've been eyeballing that roaming gnome for almost a year now, so it's only a matter of time before I bite the bullet. Enjoy the new toys!

Caveman

Yep,

Your video showing the Tadpole doors has me about ready to hit the <GO> button on at least one set of doors. I just talked to Marty on the phone and he is assembling a pole mod for Tadpoles with side pulls. He said he hopes to have it on the site this week. Figured I might save some $$$ on shipping :boggle: