PDA

View Full Version : First hammock hang tmrw night!

keys?
04-14-2009, 23:10
My Clark NA arrived today :lol:

It looks really cool :cool: , and it came with a bunch of important reading material and even a READ THIS FIRST list...scary :scared: I hope I don't break something, that would be sad.

1. Do not take anything apart until you are sure you know how it goes back together. :scared: oh ****. I'm already stuck on number one.
I'm going to get a good nights sleep and attack this hammock thing tomorrow.
The manual looks pretty user friendly.

It's only supposed to get down to 38* tomorrow night. I'm gonna attempt to hang with pocket quilts, 15* synthetic bag, my duofolds, and some extra clothes to stuff the pockets with.

I will bring my crappy little thermarest pad as a last resort.

Do you guys/gals have any last minute advice?

RAW
04-14-2009, 23:17
Have fun!

at 38º you should be fine with the bag and the pocket quilts.

Take some pictures of this maiden voyage.

I'm headed out for some hiking and camping this weekend in WNC, but it'll only be low 40s.

hangnout
04-14-2009, 23:20

Probably be your best friend the next morning:D

animalcontrol
04-15-2009, 06:44

It looks really cool :cool: , and it came with a bunch of important reading material and even a READ THIS FIRST list...scary :scared: I hope I don't break something, that would be sad.

Your reading the directions?? You are already WAY ahead of me if you actually read the directions... (BTW, very good idea!)
Advice? Have FUN! If you decide you need the thermarest, under inflate it...maybe 75%. That seems to help keep up the comfort level.

Are you bringing this Clark to the Northern Hang? I've never seen a "live" one

Let us know how it goes..

TinaLouise
04-15-2009, 07:51
my first hang the temps dropped below freezing. I had an exped pad and my winter down quilt. Went to "bed" with light weight long pants on, wicking t-shirt and a long sleeve silk shirt. (hint here: look for silk shirts at your local good will stores!!! cheap!!) Wasn't in my hammock 5 minutes and I had to get out of that silk shirt, way to hot. Had to leave the pants on, camping with a troop of boy scouts and I have to watch what I wear.
Anyways, let us know if you had to use the pad with your clark pockets filled up too. I have duofold clothes but I would have been way to hot to wear them. (temps about 28 that night)

keys?
04-15-2009, 09:03

Let us know how it goes..[/QUOTE]

Yeah planning on bringing it to the northern hang. Also hope to have my BB by then as well. If not maybe we could swap for a night :D

Thanks for the advice folks.

animalcontrol
04-15-2009, 09:09

Let us know how it goes..

Yeah planning on bringing it to the northern hang. Also hope to have my BB by then as well. If not maybe we could swap for a night :D

Thanks for the advice folks.
At this point (who knows what I will decide on) I will be bringing a BM bridge to the hang...your more than welcome to check that out. :shades:

cavediver2
04-15-2009, 09:51

1. Do not take anything apart until you are sure you know how it goes back together. :scared: oh ****. I'm already stuck on number one.
I'm going to get a good nights sleep and attack this hammock thing tomorrow.
The manual looks pretty user friendly.

It's only supposed to get down to 38* tomorrow night. I'm gonna attempt to hang with pocket quilts, 15* synthetic bag, my duofolds, and some extra clothes to stuff the pockets with.

Sarahgirl you will do just fine the only reason i said something about don't take it apart is that when my son took mine apart on my first one I didn't have the instructions and was lost at how the tarp was to be hung on the hammock. The instructions are pretty good instructions and you should do okay. The only real concern is the bungee's and that really is not an issue once you know about them. and if you break one it will still work you will just have to be creative about it. I can say with out doubt I am probably the only one on this forum that has broke there bungee.

Have fun with it.