PDA

View Full Version : Snugfit vs snugfit universal model

Duncan
04-16-2009, 13:32
'Allo 'allo,

I've got a question about the snugfit... Duh...

I really like the snugfit for an UQ. And I am thinking of giving it to myself as a present... But...

I do not have a Speer Hammock, but if I take a look at the pictures on the site, I do not really like the universal model.
The color is wrong for me (I have to go stealth hiking in the Netherlands) and the adjustementsystem is... different.
The universal just doesn't look as smooth as the "normal" snugfit.

So my question: will a "normal" snugfit fit other hammocks like the HH UL and the Clark NA? Minor adjustments, like velcro, are not a real problem. For my mother I hope :rolleyes:

I could not find any pictures in the gallery from the universal model so therefor my question.

Duncan.

angrysparrow
04-16-2009, 13:38
The colors pictured on the Speer site aren't representative of what is being shipped now. You need to contact Ed directly to find out what he's got in stock.

That being said - the universal model really doesn't look much different than the Speer model in direct comparison. The only difference is the Universal has a few pull tabs instead of velcro.

Shadowmoss
04-16-2009, 22:03
I have the Speer type snugfit with the velcro. I used it on my TrekLight hammock where it worked very well. In fact, with the velcro I could pull it around and use it like a peapod, closing it across the top of me. But, I'm a kinda small person.

I see no reason not to get the one with the velcro because to me it opens more options. using small strips of velcro I can make attachments wherever I need them.