PDA

View Full Version : KS>Woodridge>Nov 8th-10th

Owl
11-04-2013, 10:50
I know this is last minute, and we might not have many folks able to come on out. But it's been too long since I've been out, and had a good friend remind me last night of this.

Given some family stuff, I can't get too far away, but I'm planning on heading out to the Woodridge Primitive Use Area here in the KC/Lawerence area this upcoming weekend.

It's be Weasel's first trip out since he got back, if work schedules permit.

This will probably just be a car camping run, unless we decide to hike around to the lake and setup there Saturday.

Anyone who wants to come is welcome. This is just a quick get together for those who want to/can come on out.

I look forward to meeting up with those who can!

RADIOHEAD
11-05-2013, 00:41
Wish I could do this one Owl but I have already agreed to help a friend fix her snow blower out in Saint Louis. Hoping I can get out with you and some of the gang this winter. Would love to try ou some gear in some snow!

Owl
11-05-2013, 10:50
You'll be missed, Radiohead.

Looks like Weasel won't be able to make this run after all. Bummer, as he needs to get some quiet time too.

I plan on coming out, regardless. I might touch bases with whomever else is going and see about sharing a ride/gas, so that the wife has our vehicle while I'm gone.

Anyone else interested in coming out?

Owl
11-07-2013, 09:21
So far, looks like we've got the possible suspects:

Owl
Ramenshaman
Hoot
Dudorino (maybe late Fri)
Fugawhee (maybe on Sat)

I'm gonna try to be out there before dark on Friday. I'm figuring it's a car camping run, so doing the normal Woodridge tradition of having plans for a good breakfast on Sat morning. This will be my first test of the TQ/UQ...looking forward to that.

Saturday I think I'm gonna work on some videos I've been intending to get done...Tony, you're enlisted to help with muffins again! :)

Editted to add: Weather looks like it's gonna be clear and sunny, high's in the low 60s, lows in the upper 30s. Should be beautiful!

Owl
11-13-2013, 09:54
We had some awesome weather, and a really good time this past weekend.

I made it out right at dark on Friday...Ramenshaman got there first and found that the trailhead was packed with cars. Apparently this was THE weekend to get a last minute camp in...

Ramen and I camped at the trailhead, had a good dinner and fire going despite the winds, and I spent a really comfy night in my first sleep ever using UQ/TQs. Had a bit of adjusting to do, but slept just fine.

Next morning was cold, calm, and clear. Bit o' breakfast, gathered up a lot of firewood, and Hoot made it out. Got him setup, and we opted to do a hike on the trail, and a bit of bushwhacking so that we could check out some of Ramen's 'Woodridge secret squirrel' hang sites. He knows how to find spots that are awesome, and no one else knows about, that's for sure!

Made it back to camp to find Fugawhee setting up his hammock Sat around the fire relaxing, eating, and BS'ing...thoroughly enjoyable. After a healthy donation of extra firewood to a group of 'fire-challenged' individuals, we called it a night, and spent another awesome evening sleeping in downy goodness.

Sunday morning hit and we all bailed pretty early. Had to get back to the grind. In my case, the wife was glad to see me, and insisted I take it easy and spend the rest of my day relaxing and getting some rest in.

Thanks guys...I NEEDED some time out in the woods, and it was great spending it out there with some good friends!

Should be posting another round for mid-December soon...clear your calendars (This means you too, Dudorino and Skygzr! :) )

steveks
11-14-2013, 09:54
Sounds like you had a good trip, wish I could have made it.