PDA

View Full Version : WTB Hennessy Water Collection Devise

bigfoot2
04-20-2009, 14:08
Looking for a used Hennessy water collection devise. Hennessy says that their supplier went out of business and it will be a while before they get any new ones.

http://www.hennessyhammock.com/new-products.html#water
BF:cool:

lori
04-20-2009, 14:18
Some funnels, some mason line, and some pop bottles?

You're going to put Hennessy gear on a Blackbird? Isn't that a heresy or something, backwards evolution? :D

headchange4u
04-20-2009, 14:23
Not to deter your purchase, but do you really want to drink the water coming off your tarp? Think about all the dirt, debris, bird poop, and other potential nasties that could be washed into your water.

Cannibal
04-20-2009, 14:25
Not to deter your purchase, but do you really want to drink the water coming off your tarp? Think about all the dirt, debris, bird poop, and other potential nasties that could be washed into your water.
Yep! I don't wanna lick my tarp, so I'm also not fond of the idea of drinking off of it. :scared:

HappyCamper
04-20-2009, 14:27

Ditto! :scared:

bigfoot2
04-20-2009, 14:35
Some funnels, some mason line, and some pop bottles?

You're going to put Hennessy gear on a Blackbird? Isn't that a heresy or something, backwards evolution? :D

With the amount of rain we get here in Oregon, this thing would be perfect. For going fast/light, i retro fitted my BB with a Hennessy asym sil fly and it works perfectly. It's my new late spring/summer/ early fall tarp. I will use the Superfly in winter or when i want privacy. The collection device will be a back up to my Aquamire drops only and will go into my gravity filter.

bigfoot2
04-20-2009, 14:39

Good point. That's why i intend to add a small bit of mesh to the funnels. I will then use the water collected in my gravity filter. It's just me being lazy...that's how i roll:D

elcolombianito
04-20-2009, 14:39
Hey! I don't and wouldn't drink water collected from my tarp either, unless it was necessary (came close to it las trip).
But using some device to recollect the water from the tarp is something i always do, even thought they end up being built at campsite. Id sure like those ready-to-fit most plastic bottles, just as a litttle extra something piece of gear to have arround. :rolleyes:

bigfoot2
04-20-2009, 14:46
Thanks, TeeDee! No longer looking.