PDA

View Full Version : pares hammock review?

rbpratt
11-10-2013, 10:59
Has anyone received their pares hammock by SMR yet? If so, could you write a quick review. I ordered one along with the Nube shelter and am wondering what are your impressions are.

Jshep420
03-06-2014, 23:53
I got one. It very cool. Huge. Me and my wife fit awesome in it for day time chilling. I don't sleep in it at nite though. The stuff sack is cool and it very small and light. I sleep in my wbrr. Also I do like the idea of the nube, just not enough people using it yet.

When is ur nube coming. I'm very curious about that guy?!? Seems like I may want one too!!?!! Haha

Jshep420
03-06-2014, 23:59
This one is holding my pack. They say the hammock is water resident. My stuff stayed dry though a nite of wet sno. And that tart isn't what I would normally use. But it worked I may use it again, but definitely not for steady rain.

Jshep420
03-07-2014, 00:09
Another trip. Nice hammock. Much bigger than eno double nest. I like that one too.

Jshep420
03-07-2014, 00:25

kerryandjane
03-07-2014, 10:10
Nube is delayed. They announced new deadlines of March/April. I believe the SMR are having troubles with Nicaraguan customs not releasing materials. 4month delay from initial campaign expected delivery date but they're busting butt to remedy the issue. I'm over the wait and have diy'd a complete setup....

dukhntn
03-07-2014, 10:23
I don't have a pares, but do have the solo. It is my first, and only hammock (so far), so I can't say how it stacks up to others. gps4 on here has a pares and seems to be satisfied with it. I think he may have something written up about it somewhere.

dukhntn
03-07-2014, 10:30
Here it is:
https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72127&highlight=gps4

My reason for going with SMR vs other hammocks was simple, they are available locally. Richard is from my hometown and his products are stocked in a local shop. I picked one up on a whim while in the shop looking for something else. I've been wanting a WBBB for a while, but can't seem to justify it since I'm satisfied with what I've got.

Jshep420
03-07-2014, 15:04
Cool! I usually can't make up my mind. But I did just get my whole warbonnet setup, and I got to use it last weekend for the first time. And man is different than any usual sling Hammock. I'm really enjoying my whole new set up and I can't wait to get out again. Check it out if you want
http://youtu.be/4Ra-YCrnILU

rbpratt
03-07-2014, 17:25
I got one. It very cool. Huge. Me and my wife fit awesome in it for day time chilling. I don't sleep in it at nite though. The stuff sack is cool and it very small and light. I sleep in my wbrr. Also I do like the idea of the nube, just not enough people using it yet.

When is ur nube coming. I'm very curious about that guy?!? Seems like I may want one too!!?!! Haha

Last update I got was my hammock & Nube will be shipping end od this month and the winter barrier in April
When I get it, I will post a mini review.
Can't wait till I get it. Been on order since Oct.

Jshep420
03-07-2014, 19:55
That is some itching I want to see. Thanks