PDA

View Full Version : Trek lightgear $44 double hammock

Rubiks14
11-20-2013, 16:00
I got an email from Trek about a deal that they're doing until 11/28. It's a voucher that you can buy for $44 for a double hammock. It's a groupon style coupon so there need to be at least 125 people buy a voucher for it to work out. I figured here would be a good place to share the link.

http://woobox.com/yp494n

rerun
11-20-2013, 16:11
Can some folks who are familiar with this hammock please weight in. I am new to this, looking for a new place to sleep outdoors and would appreciate all input. Considering price,value etc. should a newbee consider this or is it a piece of junk. Thanks

Rubiks14
11-20-2013, 16:56
I have one. They're awesome. My dad and uncle have some ENOs and Grand Trunks and comparing my Trek to those two they are definitely on par. They are triple stitched at the edges and mine holds my weight (260ish lbs) very well. There are quite a few color varieties and they have a TON of room in them to maneuver around and find the most comfortable position for you to sleep in.

My only complaint, and this is minor, is that the built in storage bag is starting to fray a little at the corners where it attaches to the hammock. I've had mine for almost a year now and used it pretty heavily for a while so this is a very minor complaint.

Trek has some awesome customer service as well. When I got my hammock there was a little personalized note written on the packing slip. I thought it was cool that they took a little extra step to make me feel like a valued customer.

TrekLightGear
11-20-2013, 17:05
Not to mention I'm always here and happy to help with anything I can. :)

@Rubiks14 -If the fraying becomes a problem just let me know and I'll get you taken care of.

Rubiks14
11-20-2013, 17:10
@Seth: Awesome. I appreciate that. I'll let you know if it does become a problem. As of right now the bag is holding firm though.

ojdash
11-21-2013, 11:09
Can some folks who are familiar with this hammock please weight in. I am new to this, looking for a new place to sleep outdoors and would appreciate all input. Considering price,value etc. should a newbee consider this or is it a piece of junk. Thanks

it's a similar parachute nylon hammock like the ENO DN. What sets TL gear apart is personal service from Seth. I have bought 3 TL doubles for family members instead of ENO's just because of the personal service. The stuff sack is nicer too. It doesn't have the buckles and bag is big enough to stuff whoopies and tree straps in there. If you want a parachute style hammock (TTTM, Yukon, ENO, TL) TL is the choice i would go with again, just for the service.... and the color choices are nice too.

edit: An ENO DN with whoopies and straps from whoopieslings.com was my first setup and it worked very well for me several years. I lost the ENO off my bike about a year into it. Got the TL double to replace and I use it routinely still. (been going with no problems for almost 4 years now.) I think with some decent suspension this is a great way to get into hanging. Comfortable, durable and not to heavy (plus I like wide hammocks)

thenate1
11-21-2013, 11:12
Ditto here. I have one of these and they are great. I swapped out the suspension for whoopies and installed a ridge line. It has a very comfortable amount of room to lay in. I great buy and a great company.

rerun
11-21-2013, 11:55
Thanks all for the input.